I have a confession

My thread on collar colors wasn't pure curiosity it was for ideas :D Some of you already know but next Sunday Im going to pick up my new little one! Uggg can not get here fast enough! He is a HuskyXGSD will be 8 weeks old.

Enoch!

Funky puppy ears

BabyE and one of his sisters

Future Dock Diver?

My handsome boy!

MicksMom

Aaww! What a cutie! We had a wonderful Sibe/GSD mix when we got married. He's been gone since 1990 and I still miss him.

:lol-sign: That's on my list of names for future dogs. My husband's 3rd great grandfather's name was Enoch

Yes Enoch :) and thank you Ive been WAY to long with out a dog and didnt think I would get one for far longer but everything just aligned for me to get him he was an oops that was never meant to happen but I am oh SO glad it did!

chaospony

What a cutie! There is sibe/Shepard pup at our dog park. One day she was tiny then Bam! She was as big as my girls. Be sure to take tons of pictures for us.

monkeys23

I have two girls. They are awesome dogs.

However, I'm sorry but I have to speak up on this... I dearly hope you aren't paying ANY money for this dog and the breeding was not done on purpose... It would be highly unethical to support purposeful backyard breeding (even if they are giving some b.s. line of whoopsies) of this working mix for several reasons.

Namely among them, most people can't give these dogs what they need and therefore most of them end up at the shelter or in rescue at least once in their lives. It tends to come in waves, but I see a huge number of these dogs in the shelter/rescue at young adult age, as well as some pups and some old dogs. One boy last summer was in and out no less than three times in less than six months. Not even kidding... that poor dog. :( Yeah I'm the freak who keeps tabs on whats going through the local shelters. Hell I ended up with my second because my best friend's mother though Lily was so awesome that she just had to go get her own, despite my multiple disclaimers on what goes into giving fullfilling her basic needs physically and mentally. :rolleyes:

There's a very nice 7 yr old (could be younger... my 5.5yr old is just as grey already) in private foster over in OR in right now. Someone dumped him and he was starving just waiting there for them to come back. He is so lucky he was picked up by such an awesome foster mom. Now he's hiking and raw fed, etc.
Actually thats exactly what happened to Lily at about a year old. I love her dearly and she is perfect for me, but I am under no illusions... the average pet home wouldn't have been able to fullfill her physical and mental needs. Not anywhere close. She would happily work literally all day long and be ready for more.

And all Scout's previous owners got her because she's pretty (and was a fracking adorable puppy). They were all very nice people and she's never been abused, however they did a real bang up job inadvertantly creating some really epic issues. Namely among them her seperation and isolation anxiety issues at normal working puppy behaviors being handled wrong and from being rehomed so many times. There are some genetic things at play too, but its amazing what good intentions and lack of experience can do...

Please I beg of you, do not support byb-ing of these dogs. If the pup is free, great go for it!!! But do not encourage people in breeding these dogs for the wrong reasons by giving them money. I don't care if they say its an oops or not... if it was an oops they should suck it up and eat the cost. Too many times thats a convient lie for byb's to sell their pups to people with tender hearts.

These dogs pay a very, very heavy price every day for people's selfish desire to have a pretty dog and zero desire to actually put any effort into owning them. While I'm sure you will be a kick ass home, probably none (and sadly thats not even being pessimistic) of the other pups will be as lucky in actually having a forever home. Probably all of them will be rehomed multiple times, to say nothing of most people's ability to contain a dog that smart and athletic and bred to run all day...

I am the last person that needs to be preached to on BYBers Im curently helping a neighbor of mine place puppies and helping to take care of them till they are ready to be rehomed (see other thread) But no Im not paying for him and he is far from being a purposefully bred. The Siberian husky is a working bred girl that was out in her own back yard. A neighbors GSD climbed him fence and tied her through a chain link and wooden fence. So no it is not a BS line.

Teal

...ice road...
So the poor Sibe just has irresponsible owners that can't secure a bitch in season... if they knew they tied and it was an accident, they could have taken her in for the shot.

But anyways... cute puppy.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Darling little pup, shame about the situation but I'm glad he has a good home with you! I hope his siblings have good homes too.

yoko

However, I'm sorry but I have to speak up on this... I dearly hope you aren't paying ANY money for this dog and the breeding was not done on purpose... It would be highly unethical to support purposeful backyard breeding (even if they are giving some b.s. line of whoopsies) of this working mix for several reasons.
I agree with not supporting BYB.

But on the other hand I hope these people aren't handing puppies out for free :/

So there isn't really a good side to that.

What a handsome looking little guy :) He's definitely hit the jackpot, going home with you.

I hope they've had just enough worries about placing the pups to make them more careful with their bitch -- but that all the pups get good homes. Maybe they should keep one ;)

The owners where not home the sitter left her in the yard for a few minutes from what I gather from it. But it was secure

the GSD somehow ripped a slat out of the inside fence (the wooded privacy fence) and tied her through both fences. My pup

is free because of my help I gave to the owners of the Sibe. The others are for a small fee which I think is entirely

appropriate.

Yes the situation is less then ideal, yes the owners could have done things differently, yes there are many if only's BUT

the owners are owning up and trying to the best they can for the pups. And no imo one oops litter does not equal byb.

And thank you RD and Renee! he is a sweet little monster. Most of the pups are going to experienced homes there are two that are still waiting as of last Sunday but they are pretty easy pups (PAT 4-5) they may keep one not to sure. He is a far cry from what I expected to get for my next dog but when things align just right how can you say no ;)

monkeys23

I agree with not supporting BYB.

But on the other hand I hope these people aren't handing puppies out for free :/

So there isn't really a good side to that.
It really is a catch-22. On one hand you can't ethically pay people for being unethical with their dogs, but you can't hand out puppies to any joe blow either. Ugh, no win anywhere there.

Members online