new temporary addition

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i whent down to get the mail and sitting on the mail box panting, wet and wings splayed...

a little a albino parrotlet.

hes not in great shape in terms of looks, his feathers are dull and kind of ratty, and he is banded but the numbers are difficult to read because the band is covered in dirt...

he was a little freeked but didnt put too much of a fight up...quite probably because he looked exhausted.
so ill towel him, clean off his band and do a # run on the band tomorrow...

thus far ive found no missing parrotlet reports for ct/ny/ma/pa

right now hes drying off...realy cutie.
unfortunatly its impossible to actually sex albino p-lets without dna testing because unlike the other p-let colors they have no id'ing blue on the wings.

if i cant find his owner the # should at least lead me to a breeder who should have people info...
if not ill probably try and find him a new home...but hes cute lol.
ill try and get some pictures tomorrow.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
its not as often as some folks i know (and on this forum lol) but those that need me seem to know where to go.
I just hope i can get him back to a LOVING home...

Maxy24

Wow, it's amazing you've found him, what are the chances of that! I know someone up here lost a parakeet, not a parrotlet, poor bird was never found. I hope this guy can find his way home to a caring person, I bet hie owners miss him. How long do you think he's been lost?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
wel today hes looking and feeling a little better, i ran his band and it came up wiht a breeder in texas, called the breeder her gave me the # to the guy that bought the bird, called him he tells me "oh i gave it to a buddy but last i heard he didnt want him anymore"
he gave me the # anyway and i called him...the guy tells me "yes he was mine, but you can keep him..." *blinks* umm, you dont want him back? "i let him out like 2 weeks ago, was hoping hed get eaten by a cat or something...yeah you can have him!."

LUCKILY hed had a very bad wingclip, on a bird that size it doesnt take much to get them of the ground, he only had 4 feathers clipped and they had begun to grow out and thats probably what saved his life...his person lives on the complete opposite side of the state, what hes doing all the way here i havent a clue.

so today i whent on a hunt for a cage, yay craigslist i managed to pick one up for $30 that included a bunch of toys and stuff for him (owies on my bank account but whatever)
hes eating like a demon, a touch underweight but has seemed to fair well for his journey. and hes preening himself properly so thats a great sign.

ill be pulling a feather as soon as i can afford the dna testing so ill know what sex he is.

hes actualy kinda friendly too, from what the breeder told me hes under a year (i call it a he it could very well be female, albinos are a pain to sex lol)
in the cage hes all over the place trying to get away and if you corner him hell threaten to bite...
but once hes on your finger hes quite happy to sit there for a lil while, he is still in that everything goes in my beak stage of life so kinda nippy but compared to other p-lets ive met hes not as bad as some.

i think with some time and patients and work he'll be an awesome pet.

hes got a great little voice, its all peeps and squeeks, no screaming like many other birds, and my sister named him BOO in honor of not only his color but the month lol.

im not sure yet if hes going to be staying a while or if im going to try and rehome him asap. (or if he'll end up staying perminently...*rolls eyes* so we'll have to see what happens there.

Members online

No members online now.