Doing what a hound does...*pics*

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I have to say.... I was never much of a hound person... but they have absolutely grown on me. I just love the little faces and the "woooouoooo". Makes my heart smile. Especially Bax.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I have to say.... I was never much of a hound person... but they have absolutely grown on me. I just love the little faces and the "woooouoooo". Makes my heart smile. Especially Bax.
awww--thanks Jules...:)

give a good yelp!

and another....

then run AND yelp...

*more*
When he's in "yell" mode, he looks a lot like my long gone Beagle, Farfel, who would break the trolley line we had him on a few times every year, and sound "red alert" and go hunting, usually for other dogs in the neighborhood, but sometimes, I really don't think he knew exactly what it was he was looking for. But he was putting on a good show. The noise that dog could make was amazing. He was hated by the neighbors, none of them had A/C, and they always made comments about him when we went to neighborhood parties. Their dogs just barked, Farfel SCREAMED. I didn't see a big field type Beagle like him for a long long time, until I took King and Molly to the vet, and there was one there, yelling his head off, looking like a clone of Farfel, but not quite as big. Sadly, most of Farfel's pics were lost during a move in 1976, just before he died. I lost a bunch of tapes I had of him screaming when my basement flooded about 20 years ago. Thanks for posting these!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
When he's in "yell" mode, he looks a lot like my long gone Beagle, Farfel, who would break the trolley line we had him on a few times every year, and sound "red alert" and go hunting, usually for other dogs in the neighborhood, but sometimes, I really don't think he knew exactly what it was he was looking for. But he was putting on a good show. The noise that dog could make was amazing. He was hated by the neighbors, none of them had A/C, and they always made comments about him when we went to neighborhood parties. Their dogs just barked, Farfel SCREAMED. I didn't see a big field type Beagle like him for a long long time, until I took King and Molly to the vet, and there was one there, yelling his head off, looking like a clone of Farfel, but not quite as big. Sadly, most of Farfel's pics were lost during a move in 1976, just before he died. I lost a bunch of tapes I had of him screaming when my basement flooded about 20 years ago. Thanks for posting these!
lol--would love to see pictures of Farfel--sounds like he was a character! Glad you enjoyed the pictures. :)

Lissa

I love Baxter's purposful trot... and the baying well, I can't live without that! Do you know what scent he picked up?

Alimel

I Live in My Dog's House
I had a Beagle that used to howl just because he could :lol-sign: My Buddy does not howl but his nose gets him into trouble on a regular basis and his mission in life is to roll in the most disgusting things :yikes:

BTW - I love your photos!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
ain't it the truth? Baxter's recall is very good when he is just "playing"--but if he is on the scent of something--forget it! I think he looses his ability to hear! But he was sooooooo happy!
LOL that's exactly like belle. if she smells something you might as well be talking to yourself.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I had a Beagle that used to howl just because he could :lol-sign: My Buddy does not howl but his nose gets him into trouble on a regular basis and his mission in life is to roll in the most disgusting things :yikes:

BTW - I love your photos!
:rofl1: sounds like a HOUND to me!!--don't ya love em? :p

lol--would love to see pictures of Farfel--sounds like he was a character! Glad you enjoyed the pictures. :)
If I can get my scanner working again, i will post the couple I have. Not very good pics, they were taken with a junk camera, and he never sat still. He was a real "character" all right. If Farfel's brain was in my Pit mix Gus's body, well, I think he would have made the news, and not in a positive way. Farfel liked to fight with other dogs, male and female, he didn't car how big they were, you were his friend, or his arch enemy, nothing in between. He was just like his sire, a big time field champion, both in looks and temperment. The breeder, who sold him off as a "runt of runts" was shocked at how big he turned out to be, and how he was just as ornery as his daddy was. They were like clones, both got grey very early, except on the body, not the face. Farfel and his daddy met when Farfel was 9, and his father was pushing 11. They pretty much just ignored each other.
By the time Farfel died, he was almost totally grey/white on his saddle, and hardly had any tan left on him.

Members online

No members online now.