High School Graduation You!- Share Yours!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I loved the 16 year old you thread, so I figured I'd make a graduation thread!

1. What did you want to do after high school?

2. Did you have a major for college decided?

3. How old were you at your high school graduation?

4. Did you feel like an "adult" once you graduated?

5. Did you live with your parents after graduation, or did you go off on your own?

6. Did you have a fulltime job after high school, or was college your primary focus?

7. How different of a person are you now, versus "barely legal" you?

Feel free to add to this, of course!

Annnd share a senior photo!

Red.Apricot

College to become a lawyer.

Yes, biology.

Not in the slightest.

5. Did you live with your parents after graduation, or did you go off on your own?
I stayed at home.

6. Did you have a fulltime job after high school, or was college your primary focus?
College; it was another year before I got a part time job.

Worlds apart. I wasn't a bad 'kid' or anything (and in fact was very responsible) but I like myself a lot better now. I'm learning patience and kindness and stuff. I'm only 22, so I'm not done growing, yet.

I don't have a senior photo on this computer. :[

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!

I wanted to be a criminal psychologist

I wanted to major in Psychology and minor in Criminology. After my freshman year I changed my minor to Sociology

Not really! It was strange leaving for college and moving away, though. I still felt like a kid

I moved into the dorms at my university, which was about 2.5 hours away from my family.

College was my primary focus. I worked part time about 15 hours a week.

I've really learned about myself between then and now. I feel that I'm still a similar person. I wanted a chihuahua from the time I was 15 years old, and I really learned about my love of dogs after getting my first one at age 20. I feel that the shell of who I am now was there at age 17/18, but I've grown as a person over the past 10 years. I dated my now husband since I was 17 and he was 16, so we both grew up together!

And here's my yearbook picture from my senior year. My parents were SO mad that I insisted on wearing that necklace. I always wore a beachy necklace and would permanently tie them on, so I would've had to cut it off for the pictures :p

2567_001 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

CaliTerp07

1. What did you want to do after high school? Go to an ivy league school. I'm not sure I really had plans beyond that. Turns out, we couldn't afford the ivy leagues I was accepted to, so I headed of to UC Berkeley (Cal) since it was in-state.

2. Did you have a major for college decided? Mechanical engineering.

4. Did you feel like an "adult" once you graduated? Do you ever truly feel like an adult? I own a car, a house, have a masters degree, have been out of college for 5 years, am leaving for a grand European vacation Wednesday, and sometimes I still forget that I'm "grown up". (Bottom line, no, I don't think I felt adult then!)

5. Did you live with your parents after graduation, or did you go off on your own? Moved into the dorms at Berkeley, about 8 hours away. Lasted less than 1 semester before I dropped out and reapplied/was accepted to the University of Maryland for January admission (I sooooooo wanted to be on the east coast!) Now I'm about 8 hours worth of plane flights and layovers away!

6. Did you have a fulltime job after high school, or was college your primary focus? Academics were always my focus. My parents actively discouraged me from minimum wage jobs (though I did have several internships along the way)

7. How different of a person are you now, versus "barely legal" you? Sooooo much more mature. I finally learned how to make decisions for myself, rather than to please other people (read: my dad). I think I was a mess in high school/early college because I was living my life for other people. My husband has really helped me learn to take ownership of my own decisions and I am a much happier person for it.

High school graduation with my cousin (who graduated from the same school the same year). It was tradition at my school to get a lei when you graduated :)

I changed my mind SO MANY TIMES when I was growing up. I wanted to study law for a while, and then Criminology, and then Psychology, and a whole host of other things. I eventually settled on Veterinary Technology during my senior year.

Around December of my senior year I decided that it was going to be Veterinary Technology.

Eighteen years, seven months, and fourteen days. :D

Not particularly. I think I started to feel like an adult before I graduated lol. I was just so relieved to be DONE.

I lived with my mom. Still do.

I started college about six weeks after I graduated (we have a summer semester), and I started working about 32-40 hours a week immediately after graduation, and I've kept it up ever since! I have little to no problems working full-time and going to college.

I don't think I'm THAT different. I do enjoy college much more than high school - I like the freedom, the flexibility, the schedule, etc.

And here's me (and Jack of course)! This was taken the spring of my senior year.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I thought I wanted to do either Athletic Training/Sports Medicine or Physical Therapist Assistant. I think that was more of people telling me the health field was booming and less of listening to my hear (with a little bit of head thrown in ;)). The main thing was that I wanted to go to college - it was always a must in this family and I honestly can't say I never wanted to go, lol.

Meh - not really. I thought I did, but you know how you have that feeling that it isn't meant to be? That is how I felt with all the majors I looked into and researched until I finally settled on Criminal Justice/Criminology, which has always been in my mind since I was extremely young.

I thought teaching was it and sometimes I still feel a pull to it. After volunteering at the primary school, it just didn't feel "me". Don't get me wrong, I loved those kids and enjoyed seeing them learn, but I just didn't see myself doing that for the rest of my life. Whereas, the criminal field I can so totally see myself in and I've got so much advice from family/friends who have been in that field.

Plus, I've always wanted to work at the FBI and I may get a chance to intern there :D

No, not really. Sometimes I still don't feel like an adult :p

Live with my parents, still do. Though I may be living part-time with my Uncle once I transfer schools - which will be awesome because I (my parents) won't have to pay any rent and if they do he won't charge much at all.

Academics have always been #1. I've never really had a "real" job, the closest I've come is working for a reality company/foreclosed homes and then an Administrative Assistant at my mom's work (aka my church).

I don't think much different at all. I've always been a pretty good kid (compared to all the kids around here anyways...) and never caused much trouble, but I think I have matured some even though I was pretty mature for my age.

Picture! I graduated with my two cousins in 2010 through Freedom School (home school umbrella).

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I loved the 16 year old you thread, so I figured I'd make a graduation thread!

Go to college for veterinary technician. However, due to age I couldn't, so I went for human health with plans on then going for vet tech

No, that's university here, and I had no want to go to university

Had turned 17 a few months before

I pretty well was mature once I hit 14 and doing "adult" things that other teens would find boring :p. I don't know that Im more adult now than I was then, other than age

Live with parents til I get started on a real job after finishing school. Theyre a 15 min walk from the college, so it's convenient

Had a part time job to pay for my pets, other than that, nothing was expected except for graduating from college

I'm different in the sense of I have more life experience, but really, I never did the whole "teenager stage" and have acted older than I am for the most part

Feel free to add to this, of course!

Annnd share a senior photo!
I'll try to remember to add one later

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
This was super recent but I'll still share!

I had no idea! I decided like 3 days before graduation to apply for the vet tech program. Not because I WANTED to be a vet tech - just because I knew I had to do SOMEthing.

Heck no.

I don't remember the exact date of my graduation... I was either just about to turn 18, or had just turned 18.

Not really. During my senior year I took all my classes at the local community college, so really going to my HS graduation felt like I was going backwards. :)

Still living at home!

Part-time job; school took up most of my time

Doubt that I'm different at all lol.

Senior picture - because we waited till the last minute and I really, really did not want professional pictures.

Lyzelle

1. What did you want to do after high school? Take a year break.

2. Did you have a major for college decided? Yes. Pre-Vet and Animal Science.

3. How old were you at your high school graduation? 16 years old

4. Did you feel like an "adult" once you graduated? I felt like an adult before I graduated. Lol

5. Did you live with your parents after graduation, or did you go off on your own? I was 16, and my mother refused to ship me to UC Davis like I wanted. So I was forced to stay home.

6. Did you have a fulltime job after high school, or was college your primary focus? I was forced to have a full-time job in highschool and college. Lack of sleep and time for studying did affect my grades in college.

7. How different of a person are you now, versus "barely legal" you? Not all that different, I just turned 20. More positive, I guess, and more prepared to deal with crap. My interests and goals haven't changed much.

No senior picture! I didn't go to public school. But this was a picture of me at 16/17.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
1. What did you want to do after high school? Wander off.

2. Did you have a major for college decided? Nope, I had a few interests though.

3. How old were you at your high school graduation? 16 years old

4. Did you feel like an "adult" once you graduated? I am pretty i did but now I know better, can I go back now?

5. Did you live with your parents after graduation, or did you go off on your own? I spent my time hiding at friends homes but legally still lived with mom until I was 17.

6. Did you have a fulltime job after high school, or was college your primary focus? College was always my main focus according to my parents, having fun was mine though.

7. How different of a person are you now, versus "barely legal" you? I've gained a lot of self worth and confidence and coping skills. I am a better person for it but I do miss the freedom.

I graduate as a junior so we never did senior photos, nor did I ever walk, this works though...

I had been out for a year or so but I can't find anything else and that's at the normal graduating age. I'm on the left.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Go to college. lol

Yes, Animal Science. I was wavering between Behavior and Well Being or Pre-Vet, but I chose Behavior. I also wanted to minor is Psychology, which didn't happen, although I am getting an English minor.

I was 17.

Hellz no. I only am now beginning to feel like an adult, now that I'm almost done with college, am working a full time job, am getting my own place, and am in a serious relationship. But I still have a LONG way to go before I consider myself "an independent adult".

I lived at home, since the university I attend is only a 25 minute drive away. I'm getting my own place next month.

I worked part time in high school and kept the same job while in college. I worked anywhere from 10-20 hours a week, depending on my class schedule that semester. I'll be working 40 hours a week this fall while still taking classes, but I'm only taking nine credits versus the 17-18 credits I do normally.

Honestly, not that much. I think I've grown as a person and become more outgoing, sociable, and confident with myself. Really, my confidence is what I notice most. I have different priorities, but the same likes and dislikes. When my friend and I get together and talk about things, it still feels like we're sixteen again. lol

Senior picture with me and the dogs:

And just me:

Members online

No members online now.