Choosing a brand

criminy

Hi. I live in a small town in the Philippines where dog food choices are very limited. I need your input on what to feed my shih tzus and a golden retriever puppy I will be getting next month. The tzus eat eukanuba puppy, but their coats have gotten dull and one developed 'dandruff' or skin flaking.

Now the only dog foods available here are Eukanuba, Pedigree, Alpo, Science Diet, Raff, Purina and Royal Canin. Royal canin is by far the most expensive,but I am very willing to switch to it if it is any good. Which do you think i should use?:confused:

I am very adverse to feeding them raw because raw meat here only comes unfrozen from the wet market which is a very unhygienic place.

Brattina88

I've never heard of Raff, but out of the choicies and MHO, Royan Canin is probably the best choice ;)

I'd have to say go with the Royal Canin also . . . You'll find that it isn't as expensive as you'd think; when you feed a higher quality food with more dense nutrition and calories, you won't be feeding as much - plus, think of the vet bills you'll save in the future by avoiding so many of the problems that are linked to poor nutrition!

I too recommend Royal Canin...it has worked very well for my dog :) It's also not too expensive--I've found I haven't had to feed as much for him to be a good weight w/ plenty of energy. (Also it's good to buy bigger bags b/c it's cheaper per pound--it's probably like that for all foods though, lol)

pup-man

Permanent Troll
Royal Canin by far compared to those "other" brands..... how about a home cooked meal: Like sinigang and rice :)

Members online

No members online now.