Rate of tartar buildup after a dental?

Logan was anesthetized - we had to remove a tooth was the only reason he had the dental at all. Can't really do that without anesthesia.

He's also not a small dog - he's a collie.
Oh, I'm sorry...I wasn't speaking of Logan specifically. Some dogs are just prone to dental issues. My Boxer Patrick gets a dental every six months.

I had Remmy's teeth scaled when he was around a year as he had to be put under to have a baby tooth pulled. He is five now and his teeth are still in good shape except on his last check-up before Christmas, he has a loose tooth, the first little one past his canine. I will have to get it pulled, don't know how he loosened it.

I don't know why he had to have his teeth cleaned at a year, but he did need it then and does not now.

Barb04

Super Moderator
How do some of you have the cleaning done every 6 months. My vet charged me almost $300 to have my dog's teeth cleaned; he requires full blood work with each cleaning.

How do some of you have the cleaning done every 6 months. My vet charged me almost $300 to have my dog's teeth cleaned; he requires full blood work with each cleaning.
Yep, it's expensive. But with Boxers being so prone to heart disease I also can't afford to let his teeth get bad.

Members online