Do You Still Like Your Dog's Name?

StillandSilent

I seem to run into a lot of people at daycare who hate their dogs chosen name. A lot of people don't like how common the name has become (Gracie, Lola, etc), or they let the kids pick and the name is silly (Playdough, Brownie, Princess Fluffybutt), or they don't like the nickname associated with it.

Does anyone here feel like that? I love my dogs names and wouldn't change them. Though I do get a little tired of hearing "Gambit? Oh, like from X-men?"

CaliTerp07

Lucy came to us named already, and I've always liked her name. It just fits her. I like that it's a popular name--I bond with other Lucy owners :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm totally content with Juno. Because then we get to say "Juno what I'm sayin?" And she tilts her head like "no, please explain!" :p It's also her registered name. No, we're not weird.

I'm okay with Lucy because nothing else fits her... But I was never really excited about the name.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Izzie (or rather Izzy) has become really popular so in that sense yes i wish i had named her something else, but Izzie suits her so i'm okay with it.

B

Blue_Dog

I've never liked Sam's name. No offense to other Sam's but it is just ridiculously common. We must meet a new Sam every month and the neighbourhood isn't that big. But my parents put their foot down (after I paid for Sam, most of his initial vet costs, his leash & collars and also most of his food for the first year with us) and said it was either Sam or Jasper. I did not want the associated with Twilight so I agreed to Sam. I still don't like his name though.

Toller_08

I like the Dobermans' names, but I don't love them. I didn't really name either of them, and there was another name I really wanted to call Ripley. Keira's is perfect for her though, and really the only name I can imagine her being. She was so hard to come up with something for. And Ripley as a name has grown on me and it suits him, but it's more boring than what I wanted to call him. I do like that I very, very rarely run into other dogs with their names, too. It's happened on occasion, but not often.

I love Dance's name. It's unique, it's short, and it suits her perfectly. Aside from the Doberman I stole her name from (with permission), I've never known or run into another dog called Dance. I found a couple online, though. It's definitely my most favourite name we've ever called a dog though. "Echo" and "Tango" are my two other favourite names among dogs we've named, but I like Dance's even more.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I love Psyche's name and I think I always will. That said, I love Zoey's name because it's her name and fits her perfectly, but I wish it had been something more original. I often think I'd have like to name her Wimzie, because my brain relates her to that childhood show a lot, but it's too late now!

Doesn't that remind you of Zoey?

As for Crash... well, he came to me named Crash, but really, I love it. The only thing I'd like more would be Eros, just cause it goes with Psyche, and they're brother and sister and all, but still. Crash suits him. Eros would be too girly for him.

And with Simi, I love her name, but she hasn't had it long, lol.

I still looooove Traveler's name. The first time I saw Baxter's Traveler in her sig I knew I wanted to name my male dog that name and I still just adore it.

Kaylee I still like, I'm not in love with it like I'm am Traveler's but I don't not like it. Besides, anything named after a Firefly character can't be bad.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I loved Riley's name even though it is Super common! He was just a Riley kind of guy. :) I liked using the short "Ry" often too. Plus Smiley Riley Was him!

I have a few names Im tossing around for the new puppy. There is one I really like, and I think it will last the test of time. Others I like, but I think would regret.
I Love my cats name though!! Reggie!

I love Desotos name I think it will always be my favorite of my dogs names. I can not imagine him being anything else.
Radars name I like a lot but I could see him being several other things too. I thought about Murray, Harrison and Woodstock when I named him and I still sometimes wish I had picked one of them.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I looovveee my dog's names. The one thing I don't like is when I get looks like, "WTF Where did that name come from?" like they should be named something more "normal". I like them having unique names :)

Doberluv

I loved my Doberman's name, Lyric. It wasn't common and he was music to my ears. lol.

I am also fond of my two Chihuahua's names. Even though Jose` is not an uncommon name, it suits him...he looks like a Jose`. And Chulita is just right for my little diva. It means, in Mexican slang, "cute little chick." Or something to that effect. So, I haven't tired of their names yet and they're 10 and almost 12 years old. Oh dang! I forgot Jose`'s birthday! It was March 1st.:doh:

Gypsydals

I do like Ivans name. I just wish it when people hear it, the first phrase that comes to mind is Ivan the terrible. Even though it fits at times. Ohh well.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I sometimes still wish I could have come up with something different for Payton - especially after this past weekend when the agility person I know with a Payton was around (and Louisville will be interesting because we are camping next to each other so how much "PAYTON!" will be going on, LOL...)
But it just suits him so well, I can't even imagine what else I could have named him. I tried and tried and tried LOL. So I don't think I will ever be unhappy with Payton. Besides, how can you be unhappy knowing he was named after Walter Payton...

Auggie's name is still perfect for him. The only thing I wish is that his namesake had been a better basketball player in the NBA LOL.

I would change Pepper's name if I could but I can't, so I've never even really thought about what I would change it to. I just don't really think the name suits her...

SaraB

I absolutely adore my dogs' names. Classic fits him so freaking well... and Zuma is fun to say. Zuma's nickname is Zoom and that fits her perfectly. I can't imagine them named anything else.

My cats are name Grover and Remi. I live with Remi, husband picked that name, I'm sure I could've come up with something more creative but she was the first pet we got together so I let him choose. Grover is perfect, he sounds like Grover.

Red.Apricot

I didn't like the name Elsie before I named her. She was going to be Charlotte or Sawyer, but when I picked her up it was like, "Whoops, no, she's an Elsie."

And she is.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Even though Harleigh's name is pretty common (although generally spelled differently), I love it because it totally suits her.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Morgan's name had to grow on me, but now? I love it. It's perfect for him. To me, it's like his name contains everything that he is in one word.

When we first picked it, though, I thought, "this is a STUPID name". LOL!

Members online

No members online now.