swollen nipples

champagne

I was wondering if anyones dog (male), ever had a problem with their nipples? Our 6 month old neutered male has two inverted nipples that we have to keep clean all the time. We thought that it would be those that we could possibly have a problem with. But those arent the ones!!! One that looked at first normal, is huge. We thought it was infected and he was put on antibiotics and at times it would look better but never did the swelling go down. Its about 10 times or more bigger than the others. (he has a vet appointment saturday).

He will lick at it at times. When he starts it is really hard to get him to quit it. He does this only a few times a day. The nipple and the surrounding area is whats swollen. He lets us touch it but we can tell its uncomfortable.
We wash it with an antibacterial soap and make sure its rinsed and dried well.

I noticed that another one is starting to swell up too! :confused:

Our vet isnt the type that gets too concerned over things :( . When we asked him about the inverted nipples he told us we pay way too much attention to our dog :mad:

well if he is unsure or unconcerned we will take him out of town to another vet. (we live in a pretty small town)

anyone have any ideas? I would like some ideas what it could be b4 going to the vet.

One thing I'm sure of is you need to see another vet! That is definitely something to be concerned about . . . And I'd have a fit if a vet ever told me I paid way too much attention to my dogs! Don't waste anymore of your hard-earned dollars on that vet. Get your pup to one who actually deserves to be called a vet.

Makes me furious to see good people who are trying to care for their animals get treated this way by so-called professionals! Keep us posted on how your pup is. What's his name, by the way? Is that him in your avatar? Pit?

champagne

yep thats him. His name is Kaine and he is a pit bull. Real good pup. We love him lots:)

We are going to this vet Saturday b/c we cant get in at the other one thats out of town until mid week. The vet assistant is real good!! He is a very caring guy. He takes the time and addresses peoples concerns. He should be there Saturday as that is his usual schedule. Hopefully he will be there while we are in the exam room.

Members online

No members online now.