Does your dog stink?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Dogs will always have a doggie smell no matter how often they are bathed and groomed.
Nope, that's not true at all. Dogs vary in how strongly they smell but IME a dog with a heavy doggy smell is not healthy. And plenty of dogs have almost no smell whatsoever.

crazedACD

My dogs really don't have an odor, and I don't bathe very regularly. Sometimes I bathe Skye when she gets that yellowy grey tinge, but that's a white dog for you.

The Shih Tzu came to me stinking pretty bad and it's getting better but not completely gone yet.

Maxy24

Tucker has a smell but it's not a bad smell. It's sort of like how different people's houses have different smells. It's not bad, but it's an identifiable smell. I don't know whether or not other people recognize it as dog smell or not though, it's strange because now our house and car both have the same sort of odor to them, but I don't think anyone else in my house notices, otherwise I guarantee my mother would complain about it. But whenever my dad picks me up from college I smell it as soon as I get into the car, and I like it, it's that sort of smell that's strongly attached to memories so when I get into the car it's a very comforting odor. I guess it's hard to explain lol. But he does have a smell, it's just not offensive, or at least i don't think it is.

I know what the typical "doggy" odor smells like and he does not have that. Since getting Tucker I find myself less and less tolerant of doggy odor. Like my roommate's parents brought his dog up and I barely wanted to touch him because he smelled so bad. I'm the only one who noticed though lol. If you live with a stinky dog you don't notice it anymore I guess. I know back when we had Max I never noticed that he stunk so bad but my friend, who only owned cats, would wash her hands after she pet him, every time. So would my grandmother, but she never washes hands after petting Tucker. Like today I pet a dog that lives on campus and now my hand smells like dog and it's sort of gross.

The only time Tucker smells bad is when he rolls in something. It's weird because no matter where he rolls he always picks up the exact same odor. I guess he must be rolling in the same "organic matter", it's just odd that it's always the exact same smell no matter where he's rolling.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Frodo smells like the fishy food that he eats :/

But he's never had that doggy smell, I know it's time for a bath when his fur gets more greasy, but he still doesn't have that dog odor.

Ugh, I hate when people bring their dogs into the store and your hand gets all grimy and greasy just from touching them. Yick!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Rose has a noticeable "dog" smell if you stick your nose in her fur and take a sniff, but she doesn't stink. As in, if you were to pet her she would feel clean and if you were to stand right next to her you wouldn't smell her.

The other dogs don't stink (although again, Cynder will start to smell "doggy" if you cram your nose in her fur), but I can tell it is bath time because they start to get "gross". Their fur doesn't feel clean and they start to look like crap.

Gracie stinks, though. Nothing obvious, but her bedding is God awful with its smell. Her breath is horrible, too, even though her teeth aren't bad. I think it is because she's half naked and constantly licks at herself.

Members online