Licking "down there"

So dad took Katalin out for the first time EVER on his own tonight for a quick stroll around the block for a bathroom break before I took her on the big evening walk.

He comes back and all went well - he said she stopped several times to sniff and he thought she was going to bathroom; instead she started lapping herself up. He stated verbatim (although in Chinese...): "I just had to keep telling her to stop it and keep moving, God, it was like raising your brother all over again" LMAO

Are you guys strict about their licking at all? or do you just sort of let it go?

TahlzK

It doesn't bother me, I don't see why people would have a huge issue over something so simple.

-I'd allow my dog to do it, Sunny, my male does if at times and I just ignore him. If I was walking him then yes, I'd pull him along if he kept doing it. Not because I have a issue with him licking, it's if he kept doing it repeatedly and it was ruining our walk.

Barbara!

I stop mine most of the time because that slurping noise is just NASTY. Lol.

Kilter

What they do on their time is fine, but if I'm out walking them and it's not a pee break, then yup, keep moving! Otherwise we'd get nowhere.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Is she it heat yet??? They tend to be down there a lot when they're in season.

Red.Apricot

I let them for a few seconds (because being itchy is AWFUL), but they're not allowed to completely go to town next to me.

Mostly because they seem to want to literally lean up against me while they do it, and Elsie will start kicking. NO.

Zobby likes to crawl under the bed, under where my pillow is and suck his paws. Shrlooorp. NONONO.

Gross.

S

SevenSins

The actual act, I don't care about. I can be pretty touchy when it comes to sound though and dogs making smacking, licking or slurping noises is just about at the top of the list of sounds that make me want to crawl out of my own skin, so if I can hear it I make them stop.

Romy

Taxiderpy
They're not allowed to lick themselves while working. Also, if they want to lick at home they must go in another room because it sounds disgusting. The cue word is 'GROSS!' (said in a Napoleon Dynamite voice).

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You ever live with a dog that doesn't clean up after themselves you will understand why it is something you will be glad that they take care of all on their own.

My SO had a male lab that did not. It was awful Nuff said.

Members online

No members online now.