will foster a litter of puppies!

I am posting this because I am desperate and determined to find rescue puppies! (and will even forgo my anonymity to do so!)

Hi there,
This is Dove from That’ll Do Border Collie Rescue (volunteer foster home since 2004) and I am just emailing rescues to see if anyone has any litters of small breed puppies.
I am currently working on a movie as an animal trainer here in Vancouver and was wondering if you could help me out. Now please put aside any negative thoughts about film animal trainers because I am not one of the "bad" ones. I've worked with TDBCR fostering rescue dogs for years, and I live in just a house with my own 3 dogs and 3 cats and no kennels, and I have never, ever bought an animal for film. Most of the animals on this film are rescues!!
I've been asked to find a litter of cute puppies for the film and I am hoping that I can borrow some from a rescue in exchange for adoption fees or a sizable donation. The puppies would need to be 5-6 weeks old right now and they MUST be at least 8 weeks on Sept 11. I cannot take animals younger than 8 weeks to set. I am hoping to find a litter with mixed colours. The hair length and breed do not matter, as long as they are small to small/med. Basically they do not want the puppies to be too much larger than about 5lbs at 8 weeks old. The strict guidelines of the American Humane Association are followed.
And I am happy to foster the puppies in my home too and their mom as well if they need to still be with her. We would cover all costs, vaccines, etc while the puppies were with us and the puppies would be cared for by your specifications during this time.
When the puppies are ready to be adopted out I can adopt them out from here in accordance to whatever rescue protocol you use, which of course includes mandatory spay and neuter :) or I can return the puppies to the rescue organization to be adopted out through them. Whatever you prefer. If you are interested and able to help me out, even with contact information for other rescues that would be wonderful. I am willing to drive quite a distance (like into Washington State) if need be too, or flying them in is certainly a possibility.
Thank you so much for any assistance, and I hope to hear from you soon.
cheers,
Dove
Vancouver, BC

lizzybeth727

Have you checked out Petfinder.com? They have dozens of puppies in the Vancouver area (I checked) listed for adoption, most from rescue groups that will probably be happy to work with you.

already done

I have contacted every dog rescue here in the Vanoucver area, and all over BC and all of the puppies are too young, too old, too big or they're black and I need colours :(
It sucks that I have to be so picky but I have to be thankful that my bosses are being so nice and patient about going the rescue route.

Members online

No members online now.