Photos and Videos from visit with Jacksonsmom

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
A friend of mine and myself went up to MD to meet up with Brittany (Jacksonsmom). We went to a place out in MD that offers quite a few different dog sports and we had a blast. They had a little lure course set up for people to practice with their dogs on and they had an open pool where you could practice dock diving.

I brought Cricket and Joey. My friend brought her Coolie, Ringo and obviously Brittany had Jackson. They only dog that didn't end up running the little lure course was Jackson.

The only dog that didn't end up going off the dock was poor Cricket. Any advice from you dock divers on how to work on building up her confidence? She LOVES to swim and I take her to lakes, rivers, etc and she will go right in. Total Water Freak! But... jumping off a ledge into a clear pool is a completely different concept and the poor girl was just nervous.

Here are a few pics... Some are taken by me... some taken by Brittany and to be honest I can't entirely remember who took what lol.

My friend's Coolie... he was nervous at first, but once he figured out her could do it... he did it.

Can I just say I love Jackson? I seriously LOVE this little guy... he actually started to pay me more attention this time around too... he can be a little shy until he gets to know you.

My weird leggy boy lying at Brittany's feet

I love how my friend's dog is the ONLY one that knows where to look lol

Our dogs all suck at group photos haha

<3 this dog

My handsome goofball

Jackson again

Jackson swimming

Next up are the videos...

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
LURE COURSING:

Joey (Joey ran this tiny course about 4 times spaced out while we were there. He wanted to keep on doing it, but I wanted to stop while he still wanted more)
[YOUTUBE]9qGkgQ2Kd2c[/YOUTUBE]

Cricket... this was her first day ever running on a course. Her first time around she stopped most of the way through and came back to me. I think this video was her second run.
[YOUTUBE]99RowldXtMk[/YOUTUBE]

My friend's Coolie running. He really enjoyed himself and I'm hoping she'll start doing CAT with him. Oh ya... ignore the green poop bags floating across the field...
[YOUTUBE]cBLqrhmbN6w[/YOUTUBE]

DOCK DIVING:
I definitely took a few more videos than what I have here, but this is all I got uploaded to youtube

Cricket being nervous...
[YOUTUBE]aCUuB8OdDSE[/YOUTUBE]

Cricket fail... we were trying to see if we could encourage Cricket to go into the water through the ramp instead of jumping off. I have another video of this that I'll post once I get it uploaded to youtube... but ummm .... we were attempting to encourage her to go into the water via the ramp and then this happened: (oh ya... Brittany was trying to walk and film at the same time haha)
[YOUTUBE]H2wZeFE-oNs[/YOUTUBE]

Ringo's turn... he was a little nervous as well so we tried the ramp idea and that seemed to help him some
[YOUTUBE]nIYR5mTrDzs[/YOUTUBE]

Jackson's turn...
[YOUTUBE]WxI1cYXjHyQ[/YOUTUBE]

And Jackson again at the baby diving pool
[YOUTUBE]ggLW-p-z5Nk[/YOUTUBE]

And a random 10 minute video of the dog's hanging out/rolling around/doing tricks etc while Brittany and I talk...
[YOUTUBE]zGHow22MXpQ[/YOUTUBE]

Xandra

Joey's legs are phenomenal!

Looks like fun! Jackson has such a sweet looking face and Cricket's a beautiful little dog. How big is she?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Joey's legs are phenomenal!

Looks like fun! Jackson has such a sweet looking face and Cricket's a beautiful little dog. How big is she?
Haha Joey's legs are just ridiculous lol.

Cricket isn't that big. I want to say she is roughly around 19" at the shoulder and she weighs exactly 33lbs. She's a petite little thing.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Sooooo jealous as always! Looks like a total blast for you guys and for the dogs! Love the pics, and will watch the videos when I get off work!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I watched Cricket's video...a couple things. I'd try a different toy. Does she tug? You can use a mesh float-able toy that she can get amped up on tugging, then throw. Next, GET EXCITED!! Use insanely happy voices, get on your knees by the edge of the dock, stick your hands in, tap the edge of the dock, stick your feet in and kick water, whatever. Just excited and make it THE BEST THING!

Also, Blaze has done the same thing..jumping out of the pool like that. haha

JacksonsMom

LOL at my shaky camera work... sorry Cricket! I'm pretty sure Jackson was pulling me towards something when I was trying to tape. Haha at her jumping out! Silly girl....

And hahah at our convo in the last video... was telling you about the dead rabbit that my dads dog killed, whoops, didn't know you were still filming :rofl1:

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I watched Cricket's video...a couple things. I'd try a different toy. Does she tug? You can use a mesh float-able toy that she can get amped up on tugging, then throw. Next, GET EXCITED!! Use insanely happy voices, get on your knees by the edge of the dock, stick your hands in, tap the edge of the dock, stick your feet in and kick water, whatever. Just excited and make it THE BEST THING!

Also, Blaze has done the same thing..jumping out of the pool like that. haha

She does tug and absolutely loves that bumper, but I'll try out some different toys. Do you have any specific mesh floatable toys you recommend? I can poke around petsmart or petvalu to see what I can find too. I've got to definitely work on getting myself pumped up more. I was trying lol... That's pumped up for me, but I'll step it up a few notches next time. Do you think me getting into the pool might help next time? I noticed a few people doing that.

LOL at my shaky camera work... sorry Cricket! I'm pretty sure Jackson was pulling me towards something when I was trying to tape. Haha at her jumping out! Silly girl....

And hahah at our convo in the last video... was telling you about the dead rabbit that my dads dog killed, whoops, didn't know you were still filming :rofl1:
Haha I was laughing when I watched the video and you mentioned the rabbit. We have to do a pool day if your dad is cool with it. I don't know if you have a bbq or not, but heck we can even grill burgers or something and do swimming with the dogs if you want.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
She does tug and absolutely loves that bumper, but I'll try out some different toys. Do you have any specific mesh floatable toys you recommend? I can poke around petsmart or petvalu to see what I can find too. I've got to definitely work on getting myself pumped up more. I was trying lol... That's pumped up for me, but I'll step it up a few notches next time. Do you think me getting into the pool might help next time? I noticed a few people doing that.

I use the Tugga Wubba (what a name, right? lol) http://www.amazon.com/Kong-Tugga-Wu...F8&qid=1368709283&sr=1-3&keywords=tugga+wubba

It floats, it holds up to tugging, and it squeaks. :D The only problem I've had with it is getting distance on the toy for those 20+ foot jumps, but I don't think you need to worry about that just yet.

I have gotten in the pool before to encourage Blaze to get in. And it did work. He kind of went crazy when he saw me in the pool with his toy and jumped in. It's definitely worth a shot!

Members online

No members online now.