look what I made!

GoingNowhere

It's nothing spectacular, but I was messing around with learning knots and braids and came up with this. It's essentially just a "grab" handle for Boo when we're hiking. I added a little portion to hold a temporary tag (that would include the location of the hike in case she were to get lost.)

Normally she's on leash, so it isn't entirely necessary, but it's cute, and if I ever end up with a dog that's off leash more (or if Boo earns a better right), I think it would be a pretty practical little piece of equipment. The dog can run around with it on, but it makes for something to hold if you have to pass large groups of people, etc.

It also contains a total of about 20 feet of rope, so if worst came to worst in a hiking/camping scenario, it could turn into a piece of survival gear. I meant to use paracord, but Home Depot was out, so out of impatience, I made this one out of a diamond braid poly cord instead. I'd still like to find paracord at some point, because it's stronger and would also be easier to work with, I think.

I definitely need work with my "ending" - I tied a knot and then used a lighter to melt the ends together, but it's a bit rough looking. Ah well - not bad for a first attempt!

GoingNowhere

haha, thanks. It gets its first real test when I get home :p We'll see if those knots hold up!

Members online

No members online now.