Stop euthanization

Mordy

Quigleyfied
it's definitely not a good thing to euthanize so many pets, but it's not like you can just make a decision to stop it and it will stop.

pet overpopulation has to be addressed from the bottom where it is happening - stop people from dumping their unwanted pets for any stupid reason, educate people about how important it is to not produce accidental litters or let their pet have "just one litter" because baby animals are so cute, make them understand how important it is to not buy any pets from pet shops but from knowledgeable, reputable breeders. once people realize that pets are not a disposable commodity, "getting rid" of animals is less likely to happen.

as it is, shelters can't just stop euthanizing animals. how would they make room for the hundreds of new ones coming in every single day?

hsnepp

get your dog spayed or neuered. Don't breed.... I saw a post earlier, 2 days ago, until there is no need for shelters, then breed again. I wish their was a licence to breed. there is way too many pets out their, purebred and mutts, cats that need homes now.

W

Whitedobelover

there is a license to breed in some states lol.. but there are needs for purebreds just like mutts in the world... for showing... for preserving the orginal dog and so on... what kind of dog do you hsnepp... since you havent shared do tell/

doberkim

Naturally Natural
i agree with mordy - euthanasia at this point is a sad fact of life.

first, it is a humane gift we offer sometimes - sometimes an animal is so sick, suffering, miserable, that humane euthanasia is the best thing we can offer.

in shelters, it's simply horriblel that we have to do it, but really there is no other option at this point. our resources at shelters are very limited and there is no possible way that the shelter and rescue system care for and financially handle, all the dogs that are in need of homes.

so the change needs to come from elsewhere - from outside the shelter/rescue system. they do their best to clean up after other peoples messes, so i dont think its fair to complain about them when they do their best. the change needs to come from people, who stop breeding irresponsible, who step up and take responsibility in their pet ownership and understand this simple fact:

pets are not disposable. love an animal its *WHOLE* life.

Fran27

I agree with Mordy, but I'd rather see a dog be euthanized than spending the rest of his life in a cage honestly. It's more humane.

W

Whitedobelover

i would agree with all of them..yes euthanizia is a fact of life... if we had an agressive dog attack you or your child you wouldnt want the dog to do it to another person... or if the dog is terminally ill should it be allow to suffer...... NO!!!

Yea I talk to some owners about it they say they are hurting I tell them no you are helping to save a few lifes.

I know about this dog who was so old that it reacted poorly (showed aggression toward people -- even her handler) and she was suffering so bad about her illness. The only choice for her handler at that time was to put her to sleep. What do you think? Is it better for her?

Vega

Rottweiler
MOODYGIRL said:
I think they should stop it. I mean they would not kill a person like that.

In addition, an animal is a life. Some humans think wrong to me its ok when it is not a human. However, it is wrong to kill but you are still killing a life forum.

Stop Euthanization
It could be stopped...hehe.

1. stop producing domesticated canines.
2. Start to adopt animals at the shelter instead of buying a $2,400 Super Elite Commando German Shepherd named Von Spielger Himmler with this and that bloodines.
3. Regulate breeding strictly and have ownership be permanent or pay a VERY heavy fine of like $3,000-$5,000.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.