The Venting Thread

Picklepaige

Ugh, there is a post going around tumblr about service dogs. It's a good post, for the most part, saying why faking is bad, but then it says that service dogs require ID and certification. I tried to correct them, but they just keep saying that I'm wrong and business owners are allowed to turn away handlers if they don't have certification, and that the only legit service dogs are ones trained through an organization.

I gave them a link to the Department of Justice page on service dogs, so maybe seeing cold hard facts will change their mind. I don't know what else to do :wall:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I said, "Screw you, body. I'm going to eat a nice dinner."

Just vomited my steak dinner in the bathroom. Lovely. Thank you, anxiety. Thank you.

Dogs6

Plus One
I told my boss on Wednesday that I was going to run out of hay on Friday morning. He turned around and told me to make it last until Sat. I said I couldn't do that and pretty much got told that he's not getting any more until Saturday so tough. I had to under feed the horses tonight and I still don't have enough!! I'm feeding them the right amount in the morning. I told him again tonight but got no response. If they don't sort this I'm leaving. I will not be part of this. I've told them so many times that I cannot make one round bale last 5 horses a week. Why do they insist on trying to force the issue?? There's 2 thin horses already I cannot cut back!!!

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Managed to get SO all moved in this weekend.

We were told we couldn't move in Saturday because they wanted to clean and paint before we got there.
Not sure how bad the place was before cleaning because the place was FILTHY. Mouse crap all over the kitchen. All of the top cupboards were full of it, and they were "lined" with dirty paper towel. The pantry was the same. Fridge was a mess as well.

Then I find POISON all over the kitchen as well. They *knew* the dogs were coming with us, yet didn't warn us at all.

Crayon on the walls, covered by 1 thin layer of paint (they just used a roller, very visible where the borders should have been done.

Good news is, once we get it all cleaned up and painted, it should be quite a nice little apartment.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I told my boss on Wednesday that I was going to run out of hay on Friday morning. He turned around and told me to make it last until Sat. I said I couldn't do that and pretty much got told that he's not getting any more until Saturday so tough. I had to under feed the horses tonight and I still don't have enough!! I'm feeding them the right amount in the morning. I told him again tonight but got no response. If they don't sort this I'm leaving. I will not be part of this. I've told them so many times that I cannot make one round bale last 5 horses a week. Why do they insist on trying to force the issue?? There's 2 thin horses already I cannot cut back!!!
It makes me crazy when horse "professionals" run their operations like this. I would quit if things don't change and report him, I don't know how the laws are where you are but here if it can be proven the horses aren't receiving adequate care then they can be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My vent is that the balls of my feet are killing me :( I am on my feet from about 5 -11 am and then from 3 - 4:30 pm. Since I work with horses I have to wear boots and even though they are ariats .... Some of the best boots ... By the end of the mornings work I can barely walk :/ and the ball area of my left foot is swollen, feels bruised and is throbbing right now :(

If was so bad that I broke down and wore tennis shoes this afternoon because I don't have to handle horses and it still hur but it was better then if I had worn my paddock boots

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
My vent is that the balls of my feet are killing me :( I am on my feet from about 5 -11 am and then from 3 - 4:30 pm. Since I work with horses I have to wear boots and even though they are ariats .... Some of the best boots ... By the end of the mornings work I can barely walk :/ and the ball area of my left foot is swollen, feels bruised and is throbbing right now :(

If was so bad that I broke down and wore tennis shoes this afternoon because I don't have to handle horses and it still hur but it was better then if I had worn my paddock boots
If this is new...
Could
Your boots be worn out and showing your gait weaknesses? I know I need nee shoes often and so does hubby
Or our issues show up very painfully. Otherwise... Maybe see a
Podiatrist?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So very tired... have work to do... but... so tired. Just want to get in bed and go to sleep.
I don't even want to work because I'm so tired and my brain just isn't present.

this afternoon I thought about making a list of all the canine gym equipment I'd like to have and how much money it would cost to buy.
I shouldn't.
but I want to.

Gypsydals

It shouldn't be hard to read a stupid pattern for a skirt. All I wanted to do was make a skirt that FIT. One that wasn't too long. Why is that so hard. Now I have to wait for my mom to come up next week and help me. I feel so stupid I can't even "understand" how to cut out a pattern. Not to mention, I really have no patience for waiting.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Merlin just got his first Paco collar (The signature collection in Chocolate brown leather) and leash.
My vent?
It's beautiful. So beautiful I want 10 more of them.

SO
WELL
MADE
WHY DONT THEY MAKE PURSES?!

My other vent is you can't even see it under his floof really but it still looks good lol

GipsyQueen

I took the car to a friends last night.
I was honest (this doesn't happen often, I usually just hope no one checks parking, because it a ticket is 10€ :p ) and paid for my parking. I come back out AND I HAVE A FRIGGEN TICKET. Seriously? Now, I have to call their, and probably go there because they are too stupid to see that I paid for my parking. :rolleyes:

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Just found out one of my colleagues is setting up a mini puppy farm. Arghhhh!! Not even kidding. Trying to work out what to say.....

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
If this is new...
Could
Your boots be worn out and showing your gait weaknesses? I know I need nee shoes often and so does hubby
Or our issues show up very painfully. Otherwise... Maybe see a
Podiatrist?
Yes I think that's probably it because they don't hurt as much when I wear my tennis shoes. I have a bad habit of wearing my boots til they fall off my feet lol.

Members online