Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Well CONGRATS to all the new moms-to-be!

Also, I definitely agree with Breeze, if you think your doctor is wrong, don't be afraid to say so or do something about it! I feel terrible for Savannah but I am SOOOO glad she is getting better!

Aside from Chazzers that are pregnant, a friend of mine I use to work with found out she is pregnant about 2-3 days ago. She is 19, just turned. I am glad she is far more mature than her age cause *most* girls nowadays that are 19 are just well... insane lol
And a few girls at my college are pregnant, and my friend Jessie is due January 15, a week before I turn 22! She has the most adorable little girl and I cannot wait until she has her little boy!

Also, LOVE all the baby bump pictures, y'all look amazing <3

darkchild16

We are Home.
I forgot to come back to this, but thank you! And to darkchild as well, I foresee some fabric being added to my stash this weekend. :p
You can order rings to make a ring sling at www.slingrings.com. I use Lowes rings and they are ok but honestly they dont hold as well as the sling rings I see.

Also, I definitely agree with Breeze, if you think your doctor is wrong, don't be afraid to say so or do something about it! I feel terrible for Savannah but I am SOOOO glad she is getting better!
I refuse to let her see that doc anymore. I was fine with the course of treatment (2 weeks between yeast cream and doc) when it started and until THAT drs appt when they suggested yet ANOTHER cream. This would be the second cream she would have tried. When it first popped up we changed her formulas around to check that with a bacteria cream that didnt help, we were back the next week and shes like it looks fungal now lets give her nystatin and if it gets WORSE let me know and we will see her before the 2 weeks but yeast can take 2 weeks to get completely killed. Well 2 weeks go by and its not good but its not worse the soy helped SOME but she STILL had a rash and she didn't gain the same amount of weight on Soy and she was still not right. We gave her 2 4 oz bottles of neosure because we still had some and we were headed to a different town so we could FIND soy and go to the dr to see if they would prescribe yet ANOTHER formula before we bought a big can of something. No talk of switching her formula or ANYTHING. All we got was an ok try this compound that we refuse to tell you whats in it. (at that point in the appt I planned on going my own route on trying to do something again). In walks the nurse with her shots (I told the dr we wanted TWO) and she gave her all FIVE in TWO needles.

There is now a note in her file she is ONLY to be seen by OUR doctor. She might not always know about the things we want but she will listen and discuss why she feels x,y,z is best and we usually reach a good compromise. With shots we talk about which ones to do first especially with the season. When she wore the amber necklace her only concern was wearing it in her sleep (she wears it around her ankle in bed) and she would love to know what we think so she could suggest it in the future if we were happy. Cloth diapering she didnt understand but had been asked so she ASKED about it and why we chose, our savings, Pros/Cons.

The main thing to look for (from someone who has went through countless peds) is someone like her who will LISTEN to you and is willing to try something that she may not really have looked into before and see how it goes.

darkchild16

We are Home.
We use it for teething but it is said to have MANY uses.

http://www.amberartisans.com/

As a source of traditional healing that has been passed on through generations, the amber teething necklace stands out as an unparalleled example of alternative medicine with proven health benefits. Comfortable, lightweight, and very beautiful, amber is radiant with energies of peace and calm to those who wear it. Most of the unique and amazing properties of Baltic amber is that it offers a natural, drug-free alternative to the relief of teething pain in children. Its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties make it ideal as a natural homeopathic product for children and adults.

Baltic amber contains anywhere from 3-8% of succinic acid, a scientifically examined medical substance used in contemporary medicine. The highest content of the acid is found in the amber cortex - the external layer of the stone. Nobel-prize winner Robert Koch (1886), the pioneer of modern bacteriology, proved that succinic acid has a very positive influence on the human body. In the 1930's and 40's, European biochemists discovered that succinic acid is an amino acid created naturally in every cell of the body capable of aerobic respiration, participating in the citric acid - or Krebs cycle. This is how carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are metabolized into energy.

Taqroy

Taq, have you gone to nymbler.com
I've had it bookmarked for-ev-er lol. In fact, I think I got it from you like two years ago. I love that site. The main problem is that I just don't have that many boy names that I like - and because Matt hasn't decided if he likes any names at all we're really just not doing anything. Procrastination is my hobby. I did use it to help round out the name list for voting though. I also pulled the top 100 names every 10 years for the last 50 or 60. So. Many. Names.

Fran27

Breeze did you try an OTC yeast cream to get rid of the rest of her rash? Poor baby. That must have been awful. And poor you for having to buy that super expensive formula... try to contact the company that makes it to ask for coupons.

milos_mommy

I've had it bookmarked for-ev-er lol. In fact, I think I got it from you like two years ago. I love that site. The main problem is that I just don't have that many boy names that I like - and because Matt hasn't decided if he likes any names at all we're really just not doing anything. Procrastination is my hobby. I did use it to help round out the name list for voting though. I also pulled the top 100 names every 10 years for the last 50 or 60. So. Many. Names.
Do you want me to send you the list of names I liked but didn't make the top cut? Idk your style, but mine varies from classic to unusual but not totally-out there, so unless you're into more 'modern' names like Jayden, Lennon, Carson, there might be at least some you like the style enough of to put in Nymbler or get you started

darkchild16

We are Home.
Breeze did you try an OTC yeast cream to get rid of the rest of her rash? Poor baby. That must have been awful. And poor you for having to buy that super expensive formula... try to contact the company that makes it to ask for coupons.
This is everything we had tried with her. Whats left is healing because they were open sores so shes getting plain coconut oil to help her skin heal.
Formulas
*Gerber
*Enfamil
*Enfamil newborn
*Similac
*Walmart Neosure
*Walmart Soy
*Similac Neosure

Meds for AR
Zantac
Prevacid

Creams
*Nystatin
*Lotrimin
*Coconut oil/beeswax/tea tree oil
*Coconut oil/beeswax/ vit E/ lavender EO
*hospital diaper rash cream
*plain Coconut Oil
*Butt Paste
*Method rice milk cream
*Mupirocin
*breastmilk

We get enfamil coupons but are going to call to try and get more as well. We also have a breastmilk donor whose milk is agreeing with her. At this point Im just happy shes better. No matter what it costs.

Paige

Let it be
I'm glad she is doing better. Her poor bottom.

My mom and I took transit today and wore both the boys.

aCk I accidentally deleted the beeswax/coconut oil/essential oil recipe that someone here kindly posted for me. Before I go digging through the multitude of posts, does anyone have it or remember it?

Taqroy

Do you want me to send you the list of names I liked but didn't make the top cut? Idk your style, but mine varies from classic to unusual but not totally-out there, so unless you're into more 'modern' names like Jayden, Lennon, Carson, there might be at least some you like the style enough of to put in Nymbler or get you started
That would be awesome!! I like a random assortment of names, not really any particular style.

jenv101

Bite Club
I played around with that site yesterday and sent a list of girl names to DH. We agreed on 4 or 5 so that is a good start!

milos_mommy

I'll post this here for everyone:

Tristan
Leo/Leopold - this and Tristan are still in the running, though I've decided about 99%
Leon
Henry
Lazarus
Sawyer
Diego
Rowan
Ronan
Constantine
Valentin
Quentin
Lysander - this is one of the middles I chose
Bodhi
Milo - not for this kid, but it was on my list before I tossed it to a certain terrier

other middle names I had on the list:
Jude
Jasper
Jay
Rupert
Elias
Lewis

Members online

No members online now.