What a week/weekend that was!!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Hi y'all!! I never want to repeat last week for as long as I live!!

Katelina got hit by a car!! :eek: She's only got superficial injuries luckily!! But she's had to have stitches, anitbiotics, injections and this funny spray! Which all adds up! I found her in the garden bleeding quite profusely, I rushed her straight down the vets and they patched her up, but she'd lost a lot of blood so it was a bit touch and go! She's much better now though thank goodness!
Then she got incredibly constipated due to stress so it was another trip to the vets and another set of medications!
Then my car exhaust which was threatening to go, went and I had to pay 250 euros for another one! :eek:
Then the bill for my car insurance came through and I had to pay that! So now I'm left with NO money till the end of the month!!

Ah, it never rains but it pours!!

But luckily my kitty is ok so that's all that matters! :D
Darn those tourists for using my village as a race track!!!!! :mad: When it says the speed limit is 15mph it means it's 15mph for good reason! We're on a steep hill, there are always children playing out! And there are pets!!

bogolove

Oh No! I am so glad your kitty is ok. How absolutely horrible! That must have been so traumatic for both you and your kitty. Thank goodness she is ok, I am so glad.

They need to put someone out there to enforce those speed limits so that no more pets or children get hurt. People speed around our neighborhood too, and I always yell at them. But they are probably going too fast to hear me.

Sounds like a week you definitely DON'T want to repeat!

I guess Katelina is going to be a housecat for quite some time. At least she's going to be okay, which is the important thing. I don't even like to think of what could have happened if you hadn't found her in time! :eek:

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Renee750il said:
I guess Katelina is going to be a housecat for quite some time.
She has to go back to the vets in 10 days to have her staples / stitches out!
I'll have to find the money from somewhere (may have to ask daddy!!)!
I know she's better today as she's screaming the house down to go out! :rolleyes: She's already had a tantrum and peed in my washing basket (full of clean clothes waiting to be put away!) She knows where she has to go to the toilet she just does it because she's angry! :rolleyes:

The joys of being a parent hey! :rolleyes:

Purr

~3 Mutts~
OMG I'm so glad she's okay!!! That's scary....What a horrid week! That had to be horribley stressful for all you guys....))HUGS(( Glad everything's better!

bubbatd

Poor pussy and you too !! It's so stressful when our babies get hurt !

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I hope that is the third..so your bad luck will end..that is entirely enough of that!!!!!!! Hugs my friend, and a gentle pet to your dear feline for all her pains. I cannot imagine being hit by a car, how scary is that.....i do know that if a cat gets hit and lives to tell the tale, they never cross the road the same way again. I tried so hard to keep fast Eddie in, (that is my son's cat) but he was the escape artist of the universe, could open windows, leap out of second story windows, dodge out the door, he was determined...Eddie and i have a real love hate relationship. Back to me story sorry, one day he was chasing a squirrel across the road..i saw him out of the corner of my eye and he was going to catch it..it was that close, he didn't think and the car rolled him, he was unharmed, and the squirrel was very grateful. The natural world will not miss this murdering feline when he is gone. My Mother just hates him for what he does..even if it is a cat's nature, he enjoys it just way to much. I have hated him the day he layed a my mockingbird dead in front of the door. He doesn't bother to eat them most of the time..and has a passion for shrews and rabbits. He crosses the street very carefully now. I figure when he is old and deaf, i will have him put down because he will not be safe anymore, he alreayd has arthritis..(must have been that jumping out of the second story window down onto the concrete drive) it always looked like someone was trowing him out the window. Eddie is 15 years old now..he is a very street wise cat. I am sure your gurl learned her lesson.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Thanks for the hugs guys!! I've worried myself sick over this cat!! :rolleyes:

I sure hope she avoids the road from now on!!

gapeach

Big Mutts
I'm so sorry! Thankfully she's okay. Nobody ever stops around here when they hit something either! :mad: My daddy had to shoot a neighbor's dog a few months ago. It was bleeding out of it's mouth and alot of other places, was def not gonna make it. My daddy didn't want it to suffer. :( The people that hit him didn't even slow down. My mama called the vet's office that was on the rabies tag and he called the people and told them. They said the dog wandered back and forth from their house to his mom's. They didn't even want his collar, told my mom he was sorry they had to deal with it! The owner was just as much to blame as the people that hit it. This was prob. "just a hunting dog" like so many people around here have, they'll just buy a new one. :( I'm sorry to rant on your post Gustav, I know your Katelina is a kitty and you can't keep up with those critters with a fence. But these people knew their dog did this all the time! More ((HUGS)) and some treats for Katelina.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I am so glad that Katelina is going to be okay. Tiny and Bear want
to send kitty hugs & kisses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Rant away Gapeach!!!! I hate irresponsible pet owners, but I hate the Tourists more! They abuse the area, they litter the river banks even though there are bins, they bring crime into the area, only the other day I saw tourists shoplifting at the local shop! Of course I told the shop owner!! And I feel sorry for all the good tourists, but we all heave a sigh of relief when the tourist season is over!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I just replied to your pm. I just wanted to say im sorry you had such a shite week and im glad Katelina is ok. Talk about wanting to give mum a heartattack. And with all your car problems lol sounds like me there. You know when your a kid you can't wait to grow up. And then when you do you find out its just a bunch of stress and money money money lol.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Love4Pits said:
And then when you do you find out its just a bunch of stress and money money money lol.
Thanks hun!! Do you know what my Dad says, Money is only a problem if you haven't got any! :D And that's me now!! Totally skint! :rolleyes:

And Bassetlover** I gave her a hug and she said thank you!! :D

Irish

Just wanted to express my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Katelina (love that name). And boy do I know what you mean - when it rains it pours! Hope things get better real soon!

Members online

No members online now.