puppy play groups?

Just a quick question...i'd really like to have Loki play with some other puppies, since he hasn't had much chance to yet, and i want him to be well-socialized...does anybody know of any puppy playgroups around appleton,oshkosh area in Wisconsin offhand? thanks!

Violet21

i would suggest puppy kindergarden and then you can meet other with puppies and try to arrange one.

I would suggest dog daycare too, one that you can stay at for an hour or so and watch your dog play. Great socializing!! :) Dog parks too, just be careful. I would wait till its at least 12 weeks old.

This is what we are doing with our new pup :)

yeah, that sounds like a good idea...i don't think the dog parks around here open up for a few more months anyways LOL right now they'd probably be full of wonderful mud! ;)

I think i'm going to sign him up for puppy kindergarten if i can scrounge up enough money :)

Barley goes to a puppy socialization class offered by the WI humane society, and it has done wonders for his behavior around other dogs and strangers... might want to look into your county's Humane Society. The dog parks around milwaukee mostly require pups to be at least 4 months old, but they're open year-round. if you start to go, i wouldn't go the first time on a weekend day - they can be crazy busy and intimidating for the first time. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.