Menudo!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
The soup, not the singers, LOL. I have a pot of it simmering on the stove. LOVE it. For those who don't know, it's a Mexican soup made of beef tripe (stomach), chiles, hominy, and pig or beef feet.

It sounds odd, but it's sooo wonderfully delicious. Anybody else like menudo? I can't be the only one!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I always wondered who the f was buying tripe and pig feet at the store (besides me! for my dogs!)... now I know. :p
:rofl1: When I did raw, I felt kinda sad feeding trip and pig's feet to my dogs. I kept thinking, "There goes a batch of menudo."

But it really is delicious. Also, a hot bowl of menudo is reputed to be the best cure for a hangover, LOL.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I have seen pigs feet in china and that was enough for me to know I'd never eat that soup :D

Red.Apricot

No, but everyone else I know loves it.

For a second I was like, "Why are you explaining it?" and then realized that perhaps it isn't a common dish everywhere in the world.

ACooper

For a second I was like, "Why are you explaining it?" and then realized that perhaps it isn't a common dish everywhere in the world.
LOL, Yup!

I even lived in AZ for 7-8 years, I knew it was a Mexican style soup but I was unaware of the ingredients, and have never tried it.

And now that I'm aware of the ingredients I can't see myself EVER trying it! :lol-sign:

Gempress

Walks into Mordor

I know! I still do a double-take at those who don't know what menudo is. Here, it's everywhere. They serve it at pretty much every community event. Even the little gas station/convenience store food counters sell it. Both my husband and I love it. I just finished eating a nice bowlful. Mmmmmmm.

Members online

No members online now.