Let me love the little things

Doberluv

As a spin off from the thread about random things you like, I thought of this. I use to have this little book and even though I'm not of an organized religion, I do have an appreciative heart for the little things and I just love this little prayer. And I also really love sunshine on my kitchen floor. What little things do you especially love and that make you happy?:)

LITTLE THINGS

Dear God, please give to me a thankful heart for little things - for sunshine on my kitchen floor for news the postman brings... Grant me appreciation of small joys that're mine - the children's birthday parties my honeysuckle vine. The clean, fresh smell of clothes just washed the ivy on my wall. The children's thrilled delight to wake and find the first snowfall. For robins in the springtime and autumn's crispy weather - For leaves that crunch friends in for lunch And laughter shared together. ...I do not ask contentment That would ambition stay But let me love the little things I find along the way. Helen Lowrie Marshall

CaliTerp07

Love it :)

I love the way the air smells in the spring, when the air is a little damp and you can tell the temperature is warming up. I love the feeling of clean sheets the day you put them on the bed and everything is tight and cool. I love when the weather is warm enough to roll down your windows when you're driving. I love the feeling of a brand new sweatshirt when it's still all fuzzy on the inside, before you've washed it. And of course, I love Lucy snuggles :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
- That moment when you are about to watch a movie you are really excited to see and the title screen shows up and the lights dim

- Little notes teachers take time to write like "great job!" "that's a great point!" etc.. They are busy, they have a lot of students to grade. so it makes me feel really happy that some take the time to give feedback

- Handwritten letters

- Bed sheets that smell like dryer sheets/amazing laundry smell

- Dandelions that totally disperse the first time you blow on them to make a wish

- Being with friends and laughing so hard none of you is really making any laughing noise, just gasping and clapping your hands like mentally deranged seals lol

- Your favorite song

- Quotes. Inspiring, beautiful, tragic quotes from poems, authors, or just regular people and post its on sidewalks. Quotes that you read and think "wow.. I totally thought I was alone in this" or "wow.. I really needed to hear that" and feel inspired and not so lonely anymore

- Stepping on crunchy snow

- Writing with a really soft great pen

- Holding hands with someone you really like for the first time

- Butterflies. Especially what I like to call "war survival butterflies". The ones that after a heartbreak or loss, you feel are totally dead. no survivors.
and then one day, seemingly out of nowhere, you feel them fluttering around in there and it means more to you than a crush, or infatuation. Those butterflies symbolize your hearts ever beating persistance and survival

- Sugar cookies

- The haircut that makes you feel like a totally new and awesome person

- Acceptance letters.

- Stuffed animals that you can hug and feel like you are a little kid again

- Trees that were made perfect for leaning on when enjoying a good book

Paige

Let it be
I love my son's smile and his one little dimple on his cheek. I love the air when it rains, the silence the rare time I'm alone and the noise a full house brings. I love cuddling with my family, exploring in the woods and star gazing.

I really do love all the little things of life. Whenever I feel myself getting worked up I stop and just take time to enjoy the moment for what it is. Life is too short to miss out on it's simple pleasures.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
The little caress on the arm or shoulder when I walk by my hubby , just cause he wants to touch.

That popcorn smell.

the little squeels/delights of all my children ( with my tribe it would take pages to list lol)

sunrise and sunsets i see from work. makes me know i am providing a good life to my family.

the electric feeling in the air before a good thunderstorm. i can/have stood in the yard and just let it rain/storm around me. just makes me feel alive and free

Doberluv

Oooooo...I too love ALL the things you guys mentioned.

I love the smell of autumn when the leaves on the ground in the forest are rotting, the dampness and the sunshine filtering through the trees.

I think my favorite smell is a pine forest in the heat of summer sun.

I love the smell of a clean, but sweaty horse mixed with leather.

I always loved being in my barn at night, brushing the horses while they stood on fresh sawdust after cleaning the stalls....the munching sound of them eating their hay, the lighting and shadows that were made on the wood walls and the big stack of hay with a cat or two curled up watching. The smells, the sounds, the whole feel of it was one of my favorite things.

Spending time with my daughter. She's funny, amusing, very bright, interested in everything, so vivacious and just so much fun to be with and so lovable. She has the biggest heart. She's truly my best friend and I am so lucky to have her close.

I love living in such a beautiful state with so many gorgeous views of Puget Sound, mountains all over the place, forests, streams, lakes, fields....just every kind of gift nature has to offer.

My list could go on longer but those are some. There are so many little things that I think have much more to do with making us happy than some of the bigger things that are harder to obtain... that we often think will make us happy.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat's about all I am good for..those little things. I tried to tell myself that it was important. When Jim my SO came home from work I always had the little bowl by his desk filled with some kind of treat while he did his office work. I left things in his work truck for him, I covered the ceiling of his RV with glow in the dark stars. Hundreds of them. I searched for the old 1950's stuff he was trying to stock the rv with. When he developed cancer I tried to find recordings of npr's joke show, and Garrison Keller to keep his minds off of his worries. I pick up a little thing here or a little thing there, a bite of chocolate, something just to brighten a day. I guess when you can't do the big things, the little things is all you have left. I still shop for people in my head that are dead and gone for years. Oh...my old boss would like this shirt with four pockets...a pair of cowboy boots at the thrift store to add to Jim's collection...anyway that's one kind of little thing. ANd then there are really little things..that Jory my grandson and I collect. The smaller the better. If I posted pics it would fill pages. We have an old wine box we put them in. IF you live in tiny places, and you like to collect stuff, it better be tiny.

Doberluv

THat's about all I am good for..those little things. I tried to tell myself that it was important. When Jim my SO came home from work I always had the little bowl by his desk filled with some kind of treat while he did his office work. I left things in his work truck for him, I covered the ceiling of his RV with glow in the dark stars. Hundreds of them. I searched for the old 1950's stuff he was trying to stock the rv with. When he developed cancer I tried to find recordings of npr's joke show, and Garrison Keller to keep his minds off of his worries. I pick up a little thing here or a little thing there, a bite of chocolate, something just to brighten a day. I guess when you can't do the big things, the little things is all you have left. I still shop for people in my head that are dead and gone for years. Oh...my old boss would like this shirt with four pockets...a pair of cowboy boots at the thrift store to add to Jim's collection...anyway that's one kind of little thing. ANd then there are really little things..that Jory my grandson and I collect. The smaller the better. If I posted pics it would fill pages. We have an old wine box we put them in. IF you live in tiny places, and you like to collect stuff, it better be tiny.
What it seems, is that you found great satisfaction and happiness in doing these seemingly little things for your SO. They really were big things and must have meant a lot. Those kinds of thoughtful gifts certainly go a long way. And the tiny collectibles are something that you and your grandson build good memories from. I think it will mean a lot to him for a long time to come. :)

K

Kristen1980

Candles- I love how scents can change a room.

Books- I love how a book can take you to another world, time or place.

Bubble baths- I love how they are so relaxing at the end of a long day.

Flowers- I love a single flower can brighten a dull room.

Popsicles- I love that its a perfect summer treat and your never to old to enjoy one.

I could go on and on but those are some of my favs :)

Members online

No members online now.