Why trying to take a bath, with dogs in the bathroom is a bad idea.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Random story lol

Yesterday morning I was still pretty sick (throwing up ect) and I was overheated so I decided I would get in the tub. I knew my grandma was coming to drop off Ginger Ale for me, and she is afraid of medium-large dogs. So I decided I would just close the boys up in the bathroom with me.

All three dogs have been really great while I have been sick. The boys havent been wrestling like usual. They have just been quiet and gentle. I honestly think they know that my energy level was 0 and so they gave me a break.

Anyways I ran the water in the tub and climbed in and closed my eyes. Next thing I know there is a splash and the feeling of dog paws on my legs. I open my eyes and Sawyer is literally sitting in the other end of the tub. He was just happy as can be. I told him to get out and he did. But it just cracked me up that he just assumes that any water is HIS water.

It also doesent help that last summer he got in the habit of jumping in the shower with me. Lol

Oh the joys of a water dog lol.

Morrison HATES water. I think its the beagle in him lol.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Well, he is a LAB, lol!

Could be worse, though. My mom used to have a cat that would do that :rofl1:
Lol my tabby Smidgeon is a water lover too. He has learned not to hop in the tub though. Cat claws are not cool on bare skin lol. Now if he is in there he will lay on the edge and let his tail dangle in the water. He's "special" :p:lol-sign:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
LMAO! He knew you weren't feeling well so he wanted to be near you!
We have sliding doors to close off the tub so Auggie hangs out in the bathroom while I take my bath frequently. I'll lay in the tub and read and he'll take a little nap on the rug... it's actually really nice. So now when I look at bathrooms in houses, I always think "Is there enough room for the dog to lay in here while I take my bath..?"

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
That's too funny!

Chloe always does that... and our master is designed like a suite so the tub doesn't have a door to it. So basically you have to make sure there aren't any dogs in the master if you want to take a bath at my house. She'll walk in the shower too if you don't close the door, too.

Pam111

Pug has jumped on top of me in the water before. Everyone will come in and drop things on me while I'm bathing, including Damien, so who knows what things I have ended up bathing with. "What, mom, you don't walk a chicken leg in the bath with you?" The cats walk around the edge and act very surprised if they fall/get nudged in

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
My cat loves water, too. So she'd try this.

I had Kya out with me on a friend's boat yesterday. I kept trying to get her to dock-dive. I want to foster a lab just to have a dog that'll jump in the water with me! Lol

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
If you poured your bath and lets say went in the other room to find your book, you would find Mary floating away, happy as a clam in your bath with the water pouring down on the back of her neck, when you got back. Worst part is she would look so pleased with herself you would end up giving her a nice massage and scrubby. God how I miss her. Way to go Sawyer, water is wonderful.

Paige

Let it be
Spank used to like coming in the shower and I'd let him. It got really insane when I got dumped with a prego cata nd she had her kittens. All four of the cats would sit on the side of the tub and play with the water and some times fall in. Insanity!

Members online