Hey Sizzle!!!!

Hillside

Original Twin
In response to your post in the food thread....

We need to get the monster and the alpha bitch together for a play date ASAP. I have the next two days off and don't work til 11 am any other day. We are rebidding soon for days off/ hours, so who knows what my schedule will be like in a month. Otherwise I am not opposed to getting up at the buttcrack of dawn or being out late. Are you still coming down for the show in a couple weeks? There is a pretty decent dogpark down here, though the merle monster and I haven't gone yet since it is a way away. Erg, how about you just give me a call.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I have tomorrow off, although I'm having dinner with my mom and some of her co-workers tomorrow evening so I'd need to be back in ames by 4:30pm.....

BUT... tomorrow, a dog park? Can we do that? Let me check the weather....

noludoru

Bored Now.
Sizzle, I just thought of the purrfect collar for Ilsa. Some sort of really nice fabric that pops against her red coat, and then "HBIC: Head Bitch In Charge" embroidered on it.

(Sorry for invading your thread, Hillside. :eek:)

Hillside

Original Twin
Oh and if we go to the dog park down here, it is actually somewhat near Ia Pet and SOMEONE could purchase themselves some 5 dollar chubs......(Oh ok, they are 5.25) It's too bad that this isn't an Ada week since I still haven't met your fuzzy no tail herding dog yet. I'll "settle" for an Ilsa fix though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Actually nolu, I haven't seen any collars that I would consider buying... I love these Paco Collars so much that they'll probably stay on the dogs for life! (I know I know... it's like Evel Kneivel coming on stage and saying that motorcycles suck...)

And if you're hinting at Collarmania... sorry, I've never been attracted to their collars. Personal preference. ;)

Ilsa does have a cheapo nylon one that says "BITCH" on it... it's white with pink lettering. Cute, but not something she can weat around the grandparents!

I don't know what to do with all my collars now... I suppose I can keep them as a "collection"...

noludoru

Bored Now.
No I wasn't hinting.. Plenty of other places do customs. :p

Maybe you can just chuck the old collars and order yourself a houseful of Pacos?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I think I want to keep them... a lot have a lot of sentimental value. It's also nice to have collars on hand for fosters I suppose - although I won't get into that for awhile.

And I'll probably use them on my future dogs. I think they'll have to "earn" their Paco Collar. ;)

There are a few collars that I'd love to unload (i.e. SELL) becuase theyr'e very nice but I don't have any emotional attachment to. That's pretty hard to do though, not many people want used collars - even if they've been cared for very well.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hey Leah, how big are Ilsa and Ronin's necks? I have a feeling Zaphod and Ilsa are probably similar in size, and if you have any good collars that you don't want anymore, that would fit brat boy, I'd buy 'em from you. I have a feeling he's staying and he really needs some good quality, sturdy gear. But I'm not ready to shell out $95 for the Paco collar I want for him.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ronin's neck is 18-19", Ilsa's is 17-18" or so. Those are the sizes I gave Paco Collars, and they made them so the last hole is a tight collar, th emiddle holes are a bit more loose, etc.

Have you ordered your Paco Collar for Eve yet? Which one are you dreaming of for Zap?

I have a collar I bought not too long ago that would look AWESOME on him. It's not exactly a sturdy collar (it's strong, but not Paco Collar strong - Ronin has hit the end of the leash wearing it and it didn't break, but...), but for a house collar it would look VERY snazzy on him! I have a utilitarian, 1.5" wide slip collar in navy blue that I got from a Berner breeder. You could just have that one... I never use it, it's prety heavy duty and my dogs don't need it. I have another one in yellow if you'd like it too!

Here's the snazzy collar. It's 22" but fits Ronin well, make by Kudos. It's alligator skin with steel pyramid studs. I paid $20 for it, a dog boutique was getting rid of "las falls' fashions"... and selling their uber expensive collars for very cheap. I got Ada's bellabean collar for $10 that day as well!

Here's the 100% utilitarian Berner collar...

RD

Are you dead yet?
OH that collar *would* look incredible on him. And that slip collar is exactly the kind of thing he needs right now for walks. He's not pulling a whole lot anymore and is now sensitive to pressure on his neck, but he'll still break a quick-release collar if he hits the end of the leash. I don't want him to injure himself on a chain collar but I want a slip collar that heightens his awareness of the tension he's putting on the lead.

The QR collar is the only one I had on hand that fits him, I'll have to measure his neck but it's pretty small, yet bigger than my BCs'. All my collars were from my big dogs with 20+ inch necks and he has a long skinny neck, lol. As for the Kudos collar, 22" seems a little big for Zaphod but maybe I'm wrong. I figure he's got 2-3" to gain around his neck once he gains weight, too. I'll measure him today and let you know because I lurv that collar!

I didn't order Eve's paco collar yet, I've been meaning to every day and I just keep putting it off. I'm hesitant to do it right now when something could come up with Zaphod, requiring vet care.. I really don't want to owe my parents for that. But anyway, I want the Gunther or the PBRC in brown with brass hardware for Zap. If I wait 'til I know i'm keeping him, I'll just order their collars at the same time! I'd want Paco collars for Dash and Dakota but it's pointless. Only thing they can wear are high quality rolled leather ones.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I was kidding about chucking them. :eek:

If you have some around Middie's size (16-17") you think would look good on him that you're selling for reasonable prices.. let me know? I'm not at all queasy about "used" collars, especially not ones that have been treated as well as yours.

RD

Are you dead yet?
^^ Ditto. Normally I wouldn't go for used collars but I know you take awesome care of all your "dog tack", Leah. If you ever compile photos of all the collars you're willing to part with, shoot me a PM - I'd love to look at them and if there are some that would fit Zaphod and look good on him, I'd be interested in buying.

noludoru

Bored Now.
^Yep.... If we didn't know how well you treated them we'd probably be iffy. I certainly know I'd never want any second hand collars from most of the dog owners I know, for instance. They let their dogs completely destroy their collars, so badly that I've wondered why they bother with fabric ones in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.