Grrrrrr!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Ugh, why do people do this?

Why Why Why!

Some one I know, HAD a Black lab, that he got from some where(or adopted)
Anyways, he gave the dog away after having her for about 6 months to a year :mad:

Wanna know WHY he did? Grrrrr

Because he wanted a dog he could train from puppyhood! Oh and it got to big! :mad: :mad:

NOW he has a new puppy that he got for his birthday....and it will be just as big as his lab....it is a Boykin Spaniel. That he got from who knows where!

And NOW he wants ME to train her :mad: Ugh Ugh Ugh Ugh! That is sickening!

Why Do You Do Some Thing Like That? Why Why Why! How! I am soooo mad!

I really do not want to train her..or help train her...But......

*sigh* How could some one do that....

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I really dislike that too - it happens all too often though.

(PS - Boykins aren't as big as labs. They top out at around 40lbs., with most specimens being a bit smaller.)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
The "It got too big" excuse, especially with purebreds, just boggles my mind. It's a PUREBRED. How can you *not* know how big it's going to be??

That's what happens with my hubby's old dog, a rott/shepherd mix. Hubby's family adopted the dog from the humane society at 1 year old. The previous owner gave him up because she "didn't think he would get that big". :confused:

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I know they won;t but they were saying she will only be around 20 pounds :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ACooper

Sadly people just don't research the type of dog that will fit into their life..............they see a cute face, and impulse buy, adopt, or whatever the case!
Also sadly if you DON'T help train the dog, it too may find itself rehomed for being disobedient...........therefore I think you should rant a little more to get it off your chest, then go help your friend (for the dogs sake alone) :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I know, I will probably wind up training the dog. And They will never know what I think about it :mad: :rolleyes:

And then today I see the same breeder I vented about a few days ago, selling pups again on the highway :mad:

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
Although I think it's a horrible thing this kid did, you should help train him (oh and his dog too! :))

who knows, you might just save this dog from the same fate of the previous pup..

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yeah I am going to if the OWNER over asks, I have had my dad, and friend tell me that he wants me too, but he has never aks yet :p

Oh and they breed there Golden, and left the pups outside in the middle of Winter, Grrr :mad: And They let the pups go at 6 or 7 weeks too, and one of the pups now lives on our street, and it has horrilbe aggression problems. :(

I know way to many BYB :(

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
wow..that is horrible! The only breeder I know has show his dogs his whole life and breeds, the only problem is he does leave his dogs in a kennel (not puppies! those are kept inside with mommy until they get a home or are old enough to be put outside I assume), and it kills me a little inside everytime I pass that place..

and I live next door to it, I mean seriously, If I jumped out my window I'd be in a kennel..

Members online