Why buyer beware is important

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheps4me

I think this link: http://http://germanshepherdzone.9k.com/ is a prime example of why puppy buyers should do their homework, plan to meet breeders in person and learn as much about their breed of choice as possible. I'm sure those who are familiar with and care about the breed would find many reasons to be concerned about this web site. For anyone who trains in Schutzhund, the description on the home page is quite interesting. :rolleyes: This "breeder" isn't describing Schutzhund-style tracking, which is why it's important to have some firsthand knowledge of a subject before you publish your opinions.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's what I thought would come up...many of us are already quite familiar with both the site and the breeder.

sheps4me

There are lots of educated people on this site. It's the people who are new to choosing a puppy or selecting a reputable breeder that may run into trouble. Many potential buyers see high prices (the prices for these puppies are just incredible!) and think that the huge dollar signs are equivalent to quality. Web sites are such a popular marketing tool that it's easy to get fooled, particularly when you start proclaiming knowledge about Schutzhund and true working dogs. :mad:
This "breeder" claims to be breeding working German shepherds but one of the females (the shepherd/malinois) is obviously a mix. If "Female2" is pure, then my own shepherd is part donkey. :p

Julie

I am back again.
Hmm. Was wondering where she went off to. Her last website url which was very similar to this one was changed. I think she got too much flack.
Is she still on other forums proclaiming to be what she is not?

Julie

I am back again.
Yea, What a crock. YELLOW......BLACK.....CHOC...... that is the true breed colors. Looks more like a Wiem. than a lab.:(

Ignorant people (not knowing or lacking knowledge of the breed) think they are getting something rare or special. In reality they are getting a poorly bred dog from a byb.:(

L

LabBreeder

A silver Lab is like a red Lab to me. Neither is an actual color. Neither can be registered as an official color. A red (or white) is a yellow and a silver is a chocolate. Even though the red and white are extreme differences, it's still a member of the 'yellow' coloring. Silver, IMO, shouldn't be allowed to be registered as 'chocolate'. It doesn't even look like a chocolate...much less a Lab! ::yikes::

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Going on looks alone, it's my opinion that silver labs are a direct result of a mating between a Lab and a Weimeraner. Look at the heads; totally Weim like. It may be a genetically related dilution of the black color gene, which is why it tends to crop up in chocolate litters.

W

whatszmatter

That site is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I haven't seen such a horrible display of so called knowledge and disgusting breeding practices. I hope this so called breeder loses her dogs before one more litter can be born. 125 lb "working" gsd, with 100% showline dogs behind it, with a dam that can't be traced, with the APR registry??? come on. Their females are probably as worthy for breeding as their so called "stud". I'm so disgusted by this I can't even believe it. if their working knowledge is half as much as their sport knowledge is clear they don't know a **** thing. Luckily for them there are people as clueless and brain dead as themselves so they may just sell a few puppies.

Julie

I am back again.
That site is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I haven't seen such a horrible display of so called knowledge and disgusting breeding practices. I hope this so called breeder loses her dogs before one more litter can be born. 125 lb "working" gsd, with 100% showline dogs behind it, with a dam that can't be traced, with the APR registry??? come on. Their females are probably as worthy for breeding as their so called "stud". I'm so disgusted by this I can't even believe it. if their working knowledge is half as much as their sport knowledge is clear they don't know a **** thing. Luckily for them there are people as clueless and brain dead as themselves so they may just sell a few puppies.
That's Yuckaduck for ya..............:rolleyes:

Y

yuckaduck

Don't any of you have something better to do then bash me. You keep coming up with this out of the blue. I do not even have to be here.

Needless to say none of you change anything that is important.

I have no problems selling my pups so guess they ain't that bad now are they?

Julie

I am back again.
Don't any of you have something better to do then bash me. You keep coming up with this out of the blue. I do not even have to be here.

Needless to say none of you change anything that is important.

I have no problems selling my pups so guess they ain't that bad now are they?
Whooo else are you Yuck? Or who is your spy?
I tried to be your friend and tried to help you with anything you asked.
But all you did was lie to me... and this is on a personal level........not only
trying to sell dogs under false pretenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.