Frizbird

SaraB

We have a new addition at our household, Frizbee the black capped conure! I know a lot of you already saw these pictures on facebook, but here you go again.

I am so absolutely in love with him. I took him out of the carrier for the last hour of the drive home yesterday and he was just so good. The car didn't phase him one bit! At home, he's just so stinking adorable. If he's in his cuddle hut and I call him, he scrambles over as quickly as he can to the closest perch to the door and holds his adorable foot up waiting for my hand. Also, we had breakfast together today, he sat on the edge of my cereal bowl.

He absolutely loves my cell phone and as soon as he sees that I pull it out, he scrambles to sit on it so he can touch things on the screen and make it do stuff.

Anyways, here's pictures!!

Friz by ZooomDog, on Flickr

Friz1 by ZooomDog, on Flickr

Friz2 by ZooomDog, on Flickr

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
He's adorable, and sounds like such a hoot! Do you know how old he is?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Such a good-looking bird :) Glad to hear his personality is everything you were hoping for. Good luck with him! What do the furry creatures think?

SaraB

Such a good-looking bird :) Glad to hear his personality is everything you were hoping for. Good luck with him! What do the furry creatures think?
Well they haven't all been out at once yet obviously. Friz doesn't seem to mind the dogs or cat, even moves to check them out. The dogs are infatuated with him and check on his cage every time they enter the room. The cat is being good so far, she hasn't had any alone time with him just to be on the safe side.

I'm letting Friz get to know his surroundings before having him out with anyone else, but I think with a little work, everyone will get along great.

FG167

Well they haven't all been out at once yet obviously. Friz doesn't seem to mind the dogs or cat, even moves to check them out. The dogs are infatuated with him and check on his cage every time they enter the room. The cat is being good so far, she hasn't had any alone time with him just to be on the safe side.

I'm letting Friz get to know his surroundings before having him out with anyone else, but I think with a little work, everyone will get along great.
I'm looking forward to hearing stories and seeing more pictures! :D

Shai

& the Muttly Crew

I'm glad to hear it :) Yes I had assumed you didn't just let them all loose already haha...but figured the dogs and cat certainly know he is there and wondered how they were reacting so far.

Honestly Mira has retrieved too many birds at this point for me to every trust having a feathered creature living in my house. They would never be able to be out together at all unless Mira was in a stay and tightly supervised, and then I'd still have to make sure that the bird didn't go to her. Webster and Kim might be okay though, given time and work.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
He is seriously cute. Can't wait to hear more about him as you get to know each other :)

I'm just so happy for you! I can't wait to meet him one day!! Until then, lots and lots of pictures and videos and stories.

But really, he's seriously cute and you can just tell he's got so much personality in such a little body!

grayada1

I dont want to hi-jack your thread, but My brother just got a similar bird and i wanted to send him something for the bird. I do not know anything about birds but was wondering if anyone had a good place to get a healthy bird treat or something for it?

Pretty bird by the way!

I dont want to hi-jack your thread, but My brother just got a similar bird and i wanted to send him something for the bird. I do not know anything about birds but was wondering if anyone had a good place to get a healthy bird treat or something for it?

Pretty bird by the way!
http://www.mysafebirdstore.com/

That's my favorite place to order. They have nice prices, you get 10% off your first order, can build up points and honestly the lady who owns/runs it is just super nice.

They also ship out really fast.

Members online

No members online now.