What is your favorite dog breed?

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
American Bully of course~

CKCS if they werent such a heartbreaker :C Theyre SO lovely and SO sweet

theres a few breeds Im vaguely interested in, in a very abstract way, but I doubt Id ever own them (Corso, Ovtcharka, Bull Terrier, ANCD, Eng Shep, Papillon, Tibetan Mastiff, etc)

SoCrafty

Oh it will always be Collies first. I love everything about them. Their size, personalities, looks...everything. I am really hoping that someday I will finally get to own one.

Second is more of a type...Spaniels in general. I like their happy go lucky personalities, even tempers, energy level, the fact that they are generally good family dogs.

Dog Lovers!

Thanks guys for all the great replies! Just want to share, that a good friend of mine has created a cool social rating site, called Zanda. They have this interesting poll, related to this thread.

It's entitled:
"What is your favorite dog breed?"

Please help him out by sharing your thoughts, a vote or some rating to get some quality input on this topic.

http://www.zanda.com/matches/80080050000053/what-is-your-favorite-dog-breed

Thanks again!

tucksmom

I will always love German Shepherds but at this point I'm not sure I'll ever own one. :(

Maltese have grown on me so much in the past couple of years and I also really like yorkies. I can't say that I have one favorite :) but those would be the three at the top of my list!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Honestly, and don't get me wrong here I love my Border Collies, but German Shepherds (of the working variety) have my heart. There's just something about a high drive GSD that I love. I love my Psyche to death, but Simi is sooo much fun. She's a very different kind of go-go-go then Psyche, who is also what I call a go-go-go dog, and she's a hoot! Yeah, I said it, a HOOT! :p

Losech

I don't have a favorite breed. Types, yes, but not breed.
Most Spitz breeds, some sighthounds, A couple European shepherds, Australian herders, and a few molosers.

Kuvaszok, Central Asian/Caucasian Shepherds, & for type/class LGD's in general. The former two unparalleled in intelligence, humor, independence, affection, and protective abilities and as a group they're just amazing, amazing creatures through and through - one must experience life with one before truly understanding what I'm talking about <3.

Members online

No members online now.