MhMr

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
august 11 :: CIMG0408.jpg picture by smkie - Photobucket

Last night I learned that I can high fire this in the gas kiln without any glaze on the vest. THen I can re fire
in my small electric kiln with a glaze that my friend Elly has and has offered that ends up
being a tangerine orange which is as close as I am going to get. It's too small to make any emblems
look like anything but representative circles. STill....wish him..her luck. Needs a name.
I am going to go with SAR if that's ok instead of search dog due to the small nes of the space.
Needs get done in time vibes. I know Other Jess said November, but I wasn't sure what day, fingers crossed it isn't
the first week.THey haven't started loading the kiln yet, but due to the rush of the holidays they should be
doing a firing a week. Three days to slow fire for bisque. I know I am running out of time. It could go
right from the gas back into the electric, there is no wait time there. Then shipping.
I am trying to get it done as fast as I can.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Smkie, he is sooooo great! The seminar is Nov 2-6. But no worries. If it's not done in time, I can always mail it to the winner. Thank you so, so much. That really is fantastic work, and I'm sure whoever wins it will be as thrilled with him as I am. I'm forwarding the pics to my team leader now. THANK YOU!!!! <3

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
iiieee I am sorry. I so wish it was the end of nov. I will keep working on it and no promises but if it does turn out I will get it to you. Will take some better photos as soon as I am finished. THese feet have done nothing but argue with me. It looks better in real life than it does in the photo. Why sculpture always looks wrong to me in a photo I do not know.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Not a problem! I really hope it turn out. My team leader is absolutely thrilled.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
No way i am going to get this right before Nov 2. I will finish this and mail it to you and you can use it for next year, or I can send a work in progress which is lame I know photo. I am sorry, I didn't know if I could but I tried. It's a very slow process specially when I have to wait for kiln time at the guild. This needs to go in the gas kiln and afterward go into the electric to be fired at cone 10 and then cone 04. I think tho it might be worth the wait.
Now named Nameless I guess.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Not a problem, smkie! My team leader said the same thing. If it's not done, we can use a picture and then mail it to the winner when it's finished. Really, no worries. We're so grateful, and we're really happy with it. She keeps talking about what a great job you did.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I wish this was going for next years because there is no real guarantee until the last firing. I will take pics this morning, he is drying. I am sorry it is taking this long, just a slow medium especially when you have to rely on a community kiln. All I can do is promise a sculpture one way or the other for a patient person. We have had some serious home drama that has been all consuming with Hyia and has thrown me completely off even so I don't know if I could have pumped it out or not, I am sorry. I tried.

looking at around 3-4 weeks to get it in the right spot in the gas kiln, maybe less but at the longest I figure this.
I will go get a pic of another piece that has been finished because they do look quite different.

Last edited:
M

MyHorseMyRules

Don't feel bad! I told her from the beginning that you had a lot on your plate, and it may not be ready in time. And we're just thrilled that you've done this for us. It really looks great. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Members online

No members online now.