A day out with the kids

Well, me and the kids went for a day on Lake Erie. Long drive there, long drive back, but a lot of fun overall.

We ended up at Turkey Point Provincial Park, at the day-use beach. The kids got to try their snorkel gear.

Give a bone-head a weather-sealed camera, and see just how close he'll get to the water with it ;)

As the day wore on, one of the "Turkeys" decided to pose

We opted to go into Port Dover for dinner and then check out the harbor. As luck would have it, there was one photo I could take without about 100 people in the background:

Cheers! :)

It's a gift. ;)

I think I'm going to do that trip again soon. There's a lot of different birds that I don't see often around here, so a road-trip is in order - the sort where I can pull over without anyone asking if we're there yet :D

Hmm, Kincardine, Turkey Point...keep it up and we'll use triangulation to figure out where you live...lol

Great pictures though, looks like teh kids had a blast.

I spent time up at Bruce Peninsula a couple years ago, loved it up there!!

Hmm, Kincardine, Turkey Point...keep it up and we'll use triangulation to figure out where you live...lol

Great pictures though, looks like teh kids had a blast.

I spent time up at Bruce Peninsula a couple years ago, loved it up there!!
LOL!

Thanks, Snip :).

Oh water = how beautiful! I really like the bird pic.
Thanks Barb :)
Neat !!! I love the great lakes !
So do I :). I'd love to be closer to them. It would make day-trips like this a lot more common.

Brandyb

Nice shots, really like the gull. :)
I've had friend who've been to turkey point and port dover, said it was great. I've never been though.

Nice shots, really like the gull. :)
I've had friend who've been to turkey point and port dover, said it was great. I've never been though.
Thanks, Brandy. :)

It's well worth the trip down along Lake Erie. There's some beautiful countryside and no shortage of beaches. Besides, the water's a bit warmer than it is on Lake Huron right now. ;)

Brandyb

Thanks, Brandy. :)

It's well worth the trip down along Lake Erie. There's some beautiful countryside and no shortage of beaches. Besides, the water's a bit warmer than it is on Lake Huron right now. ;)
No problem ;)
I'd like to go that way one year, we always end up heading north east, Bancroft, Rice Lake, this year Eels Lake and such. The waters of Lake Erie always look so inviting though.... :)

Members online

No members online now.