Official "Flea Market" thread

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
1" blue leather collar, silver hardware, tan lacing. 9-11.5". $35 shipped Obo. New.

Blue 5/8" wide metal quick release collar. Used. 9.5-14.5". $8 shipped.

Brown coat. New. 11" long and fits a 16" chest with room in both directions. $12 shipped.

COG Dog collar, 1.5" no buckle slide, 8-14", green inside with purple outside and gold flue de Lis. Brand new.

Matching tag collar and martingale harness (looks like normal step in harness but has martingale loop at the top). Harness is 14-17" and tag collar is 8-14". Metal buckle on harness. 3/4" wide I think. $18 for harness, $12 for collar, $28 both.

3/4" wide tan and turquoise leather collar, silver hardware. Has "you are my sunshine" carved on it. 10-13". I'm so sad to sell this, but it's just too big for Nola. Used once. $40 shipped.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
1" blue leather collar, silver hardware, tan lacing. 9-11.5". $35 shipped Obo. New.

Blue 5/8" wide metal quick release collar. Used. 9.5-14.5". $8 shipped.

Brown coat. New. 11" long and fits a 16" chest with room in both directions. $12 shipped.

COG Dog collar, 1.5" no buckle slide, 8-14", green inside with purple outside and gold flue de Lis. Brand new.

Matching tag collar and martingale harness (looks like normal step in harness but has martingale loop at the top). Harness is 14-17" and tag collar is 8-14". Metal buckle on harness. 3/4" wide I think. $18 for harness, $12 for collar, $28 both.

3/4" wide tan and turquoise leather collar, silver hardware. Has "you are my sunshine" carved on it. 10-13". I'm so sad to sell this, but it's just too big for Nola. Used once. $40 shipped.
I have a question....

I think most of us are aware that you offer reviews for products, meaning that you get the products for free. Most of the products that you list for sale here are a result of that. Why don't you donate these items to a shelter or rescue that can use them since there was no out of pocket expense for you?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I have a question....

I think most of us are aware that you offer reviews for products, meaning that you get the products for free. Most of the products that you list for sale here are a result of that. Why don't you donate these items to a shelter or rescue that can use them since there was no out of pocket expense for you?
I've wondered the same thing, tbh. The products I get to review aren't sold... I wouldn't feel right about that. Which is probably why I don't do a ton of reviews because I only approach companies about products that I'd actually use more than a few times.

Not that it's any of your concern, but I use the money from these primarily for gas to transport for rescues. ;)
As long as the companies are aware you're reselling, I suppose that's acceptable. Remember to put aside money for taxes. We have to declare everything we get for free to review to the IRS.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Everyone is fully aware I resell. I take time out of my busy schedule and in demand blog to do reviews for these companies. The way I loom at it, it's a barter. I bartered for Nola's two Paco collars (iPod nano in exchange for collars). If I wished, should I not sell them because I didn't pay for them with money? Bartering is the oldest form of currency, after all. :)

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Not that it's any of your concern, but I use the money from these primarily for gas to transport for rescues. ;)
You are right, it's not my concern, but I thought I'd ask, which is allowed. ;)

Also, just a note...if you are selling items to use to transport rescues you might want to make that known in your post. That whole....it's helping pets, not going in my pocket thing goes a long ways when you are dealing with strangers.

DJEtzel

I have a question....

That was pretty rude.

It doesn't matter if she doesn't pay for them.. There is a bartering trade - her service for their goods. She's still doing something to earn them, but doesn't actually want them... why not sell them? I sure would. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

If I won a collar in a giveaway and didn't like it I would probably sell it too.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
That was pretty rude.

It doesn't matter if she doesn't pay for them.. There is a bartering trade - her service for their goods. She's still doing something to earn them, but doesn't actually want them... why not sell them? I sure would. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

If I won a collar in a giveaway and didn't like it I would probably sell it too.
I'm sorry that you feel me asking a question is rude.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
That was pretty rude.

Thank you, DJEtzel. :)

If you don't like the fact I didn't pay for the collars with money, don't buy it. Simple as that. But if this bothers you, you probably shouldn't buy things other people have either bartered for, or won in giveaways, ect. ;)

A suggestion AmandaNola, maybe try to put the original maker when you post these things up for sale instead of "Quick Release Collar" "Brown Coat". That way people are aware of who makes them and they get credit.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
I will when I know who the company is. I don't review all of these things; some I'm given by friends or family, some I buy at stores, some yardsales, ect. I'm not claiming anything by posting these things, but if I remember where x thing is from I'll post it in the future.

Now, if everyone would just move on from this, that'd be great. :) If you don't like where I get things from, don't buy them. Easy.

Miakoda

A suggestion AmandaNola, maybe try to put the original maker when you post these things up for sale instead of "Quick Release Collar" "Brown Coat". That way people are aware of who makes them and they get credit.
Good idea. :)

And there's a difference between winning something in a contest,trading an item for another item, and making a promise to give a review and have your dog use an item if said maker/seller of such item would send it to you for free. Unless the person knows they're sending items that will immediately be sold for profit after a 5-minute review, then I think more respect should be given. Send the item back before pocketing the cash. JMO

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
For the very last time, it is my service in exchange for a product. I almost never ask to review. People talk to ME about doing it, I tell them that I will review it, and that if my dog doesn't use it/it doesn't work for her, it will most likely be sold. Same way if you trade an MP3 to Paco in exchange for a collar or leash. Once again, if you care that much where it comes from, don't buy it. I personally don't care where someone gets something from. I just bought a martingale collar from someone who reviewed it. Why do I care if someone was given it?

And I'm sorry if this is rude, but you can keep your opinion about my reviews and blog to yourself. Until you are actually running a successful blog, taking the time to photograph, test the product, promote on social medias, keep up with blog upkeep, visit with other people, ect, you are in no position what so ever to say anything at all.

If you are so bent out of shape that you get upset I sell things I am given, that you aren't buying, then I'm sorry you have nothing better to do with your time than criticize someone else's choices.

For anyone who wants anything I've listed, PM me. Otherwise, I'm unsubscribing from this thread and won't be back on this judgmental part of this forum. I'll stick to the new threads.

CaliTerp07

This is crazy. Unless a product is stolen, the owner has every right to sell it. The company sent it to her to review. She reviewed it. DONE! Obligation fulfilled! Whatever she does with the product after the fact (sell it, use it, regift it, donate it, burn it up and film it for sundance film festival!) is totally the owner's choice.

Who cares?

DJEtzel

This is crazy. Unless a product is stolen, the owner has every right to sell it. The company sent it to her to review. She reviewed it. DONE! Obligation fulfilled! Whatever she does with the product after the fact (sell it, use it, regift it, donate it, burn it up and film it for sundance film festival!) is totally the owner's choice.

Who cares?
Lol @ the sundance film festival comment. That'd be an interesting entry. Haha.

Miakoda

Public forum = public input.

She may feel she's in the right, and others may feel the same. That's fine. But others may find it a little odd, a little disrespectful, or even unethical. And that's fine, too. If one can voice an opinion, so can the other. :)

CaliTerp07

Public forum = public input.

She may feel she's in the right, and others may feel the same. That's fine. But others may find it a little odd, a little disrespectful, or even unethical. And that's fine, too. If one can voice an opinion, so can the other. :)
Is it unethical/disrespectful to sell something someone gave you for Christmas if you don't want it? Is it disrespectful to return a present if you have no need for it and go spend the cash on something else? Is re-gifting a horrible, terrible thing?

I'd say no. I've certainly done all 3 at various points in time.

If the vendors sent her stuff with the explicit instruction that she must use it or return it, or that she is not allowed to resell it, then yes--she needs to follow the agreement. But (I would guess, as has been the case in every other product-for-review agreement I've seen), they just want the cheap publicity. They got it. Obligation fulfilled.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Upcountry union jackharness.

Medium: 14-26" Chest x 1" Wide, step in

Retails for about $50
looks brand new, selling for $20. I love it but it's taking up space and Merlin just barely fits haha

Members online

No members online now.