2014 Official Chaz Fitness Challenge

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
So weird to think that it's 2014 already!

I'm starting off with a half-year goal, I'd like to be under 200lbs by my birthday (July 7th). That's 33lbs, which is just over 4.5lbs per month. I think it's doable.

I'd like to do a 5k some time this year, but we'll see if I can swing one with work. I'd at least like to be able to run it, whether it's an actual race or not.

Anyone else have fitness or weight loss goals this year?

krissy

Well... My goal last fall was to run 5K. Kili and I managed that within about 2 months. I am in good shape but I am not a distance runner. I think 10K is very ambitious for me and I have no real need to do it. I don't want to call it a goal exactly... but I'll try to work my way up towards it if Kili will stay with me that long.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
One of my friends just lost 85 lbs and that's motivating me a lot!

My scale broke a month or so ago so I have no idea where I'm at now. I don't feel like I've gained or lost anything.

My goal is 40 lbs this year. I'm not sure where we will go from there but I think 40 is doable. I just need to make sure to take my metformin every day.

k9krazee

I need to lose the 50 lbs I put on in 2013 and probably need to shed 20 more on top of that. I weigh more than I ever have and I don't feel great about it.

I have running goals-- I really want to run a half marathon. It's been on my bucket list for like two years but when I fall off the wagon I never get back on because my expectations are always too high. So this year I'm going to do it slowly and have monthly mile goals.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have running goals-- I really want to run a half marathon. It's been on my bucket list for like two years but when I fall off the wagon I never get back on because my expectations are always too high. So this year I'm going to do it slowly and have monthly mile goals.
Do it do it do it do it!!

Half-marathon for me again this year. Over last year I dropped 2% body fat, so another 2% this year would be nice. I have a vague number in my head of how many pounds of fat I have to lose but I don't really expect to see that change on the scale, so it doesn't matter to me much. Still would really like my ass to not be so big... even if it does help me win at Beer Pong...

But mostly it's just a keep on keepin' on. And I'm here again to help people out should you need it!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I need to lose the 50 lbs I put on in 2013 and probably need to shed 20 more on top of that. I weigh more than I ever have and I don't feel great about it.

I don't think I could make a half marathon work this year, but if you are interested in a 10k, I would be totally willing to meet up and do that. Cause that would be awesome.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I'd really like to loose about 15 pounds this year. I'd also like to do the Color Run in May which is a 5K... I'm not a good runner, but I'm going to try!

Got some new sports bras this past week. Going to get some new shorts and make some old t-shirts into cut offs to work out in. Hoping that will help keep me motivated. Going to book myself in throughout the week. 2x a week I will run, at least once a week I will do yoga and probably once a week Zumba. Hopefully the variety will keep me going. Once summer starts, biking will be back for the dogs as well!

Oh, heading to a nice sportswear place probably early next month to get fitted for good tennis shoes as well.

LET'S GO TEAM!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I hear that. Boooooo treadmill.
We have a gym at my apartment complex, but I lost my key to it, and according to Megan it's not that nice anyway. Also, I don't know if I could run on a treadmill, I like hills and scenery, and things.

I might join a gym in Feb/March, I don't want to fight the crowds that I'm sure are there right now.

Saeleofu

My only official goal is to work out more and be able to run a 5k in a reasonable amount of time by the end of the year.

That said, I've lost TWO pants sizes and over 25lbs in the last 3 months due to medication side effects, and I have no intention of stopping now. I've been eating absolute **** and not working out except for what I do at work, so I figure if I actually TRY, it should come off even faster. My "tentative" goal long-term is to get to 160-180lbs, but I have to re-evaluate when I get closer to that to determine what is actually my ideal. I'm pretty muscular under all this blubber, so I'l never be 120 or something ridiculous like that, but I want to be at a healthy weight. I'm hovering at 258ish right now, down from 285ish.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Also, I don't know if I could run on a treadmill, I like hills and scenery, and things.
It's SOOOOOO BORING OMGGGGG
but I have to do it. =< Every. year.

I become a much happier and faster runner once the weather gets better and I'm outside instead of on the treadmill... it's crazy.

k9krazee

I don't think I could make a half marathon work this year, but if you are interested in a 10k, I would be totally willing to meet up and do that. Cause that would be awesome.

Yes!!!!!!!!

It's SOOOOOO BORING OMGGGGG

but I have to do it. =< Every. year.

I become a much happier and faster runner once the weather gets better and I'm outside instead of on the treadmill... it's crazy.

I ran on a treadmill for 2 weeks and got so bored of it and I thought running was the most awful thing in the world. Then before the weather made a turn for the worse, I ran 3 miles outside faster than I ever have before and it felt awesome. Totally different feeling and now it's soooo cold and I'm dreading stepping on the darn treadmill.

Saeleofu

Hey now! Some of us are just small boned and vertically challenged. :rofl1: :p
I didn't mean it that way ;) :p

I meant that I have more than 120lbs of body weight that isn't fat, plus having 0% fat isn't healthy, so there's no way I can physically reach 120 pounds unless I lose a LOT of muscle. And I don't want to do that. I want MOAR MUSCLES! :rofl1:

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I want to get down to at least 150 this year. The lowest I've been in my adult life is ~160 around... eh... mid-2012? I'm hovering right around 200 now and feel awful. None of my clothes fit any more and I get winded way too easily.

ACooper

One of my friends just lost 85 lbs and that's motivating me a lot!

My scale broke a month or so ago so I have no idea where I'm at now. I don't feel like I've gained or lost anything.

My goal is 40 lbs this year. I'm not sure where we will go from there but I think 40 is doable. I just need to make sure to take my metformin every day.
I will also make a goal of 40 with you laurelin. March 2014 will mark 3 years since i quit smoking and i've packed on 40 lbs to date. If I make the 40, I'll set a new goal but for now that sounds good.

Members online

No members online now.