Poor little Corvie

Corvus has been having a lot of breathing troubles lately due to his bum nose and allergies. He's having a lot of reverse sneezing and nasal irritation. He's on some allergy medications which make him sleepy....that's something I'm not used to.

Here he is all cuddled up during one of his medication induced naps.

The hardest part is that we're not supposed to exercise him hard right now, because it makes it harder for him to breathe. It's making him go nuts, but if he runs, he starts wheezing. I'm hoping he won't have to have another surgery on his nose. :(

A

Angel Chicken

Awww hon, I feel ya there. Kona is all kinds of allergic to grass and pollen, and I have to keep the Benedryl handy (heck, just had to buy a new box yesterday!).

((((HUGS))))) I hope he gets to feeling better!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
trudy use to sneeze so hard she would crack her chin against her floor. It happened every single time you would think she would learn but she never did. I hate medicine induced fogginess....sorries pupper that'sa no fair.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Poor guy, with the high pollen count in the air right now, he must be miserable. He's lucky to have you though!

And I feel like a dork... I knew he had a bum nose, but I mist have missed why - what happened to Corvus' poor schnoz?

I knew he had a bum nose, but I mist have missed why - what happened to Corvus' poor schnoz?
When he was a little pup, before we had him, someone apparently hit or kicked him hard enough to break/crush all the bones in his nose. He had surgery back in November because of his breathing problems and they removed alot of bone fragments and scar tissue to help him, as reconstruction isn't really possible. It worked for a while, but I'm afraid he might need another surgery if he keeps having problems. I'm hoping it's just the airborne allergies and that we can keep from having to do another surgery. Really though, my impression was that all they can do is flush out his nasal passages and remove whatever debris gets caught in there. He doesn't have a normal airway through his nostrils like most dogs do. If any foreign object, pollen or debris goes up his nostrils, it's likely to end up stuck in there and cause problems. I did jokingly ask about Corvus having a "nose job" and the vet says there is no real way for them to reconstruct his nose and nasal passages. :(

So, here's hoping the pred keeps the inflammation down so that he can breathe, and that the antihistamines keep him comfortable so that he's not constantly wheezing and struggling to breathe. :(

Members online

No members online now.