Wow my nerves are so frazeled.

I swear every thought every day is consumed by my dogs. I understand I should love them and do the basics, walks, food, water, some training, play time,making sure they are safe. I do talk to my dogs and show them affection. I do spend time training them each day, I do spend time walking them every day. I just find myself thinking and worrying about them every second, more than my children who need me too.
I feel like im making no progress.
Our younger puppy Daisy is in training, which is going great. We where having lots of problems with her around July. so while we are trying her, we are also refreshing basic comands and such with Dusty(2). we do have a fear? barking problem with Dusty but only out the front window, doesnt happen anywhere eles. Ive tried everything. she growls and barks at everyone who walks on our property.
so as Daisy gets better with training, and Dusty is just regressing, I just dont get it. for the past 2 days Dusty has had accidents on the floor. I thought she was sick, but has been fine today and again shes peeing on the floor. This dog has been house trained since we got her and the only time she ever peed on the floor was when we brought Daisy in the home. I say in the home b.c she was with us when we got her.

So.......now I have something eles to think about and worry about. Barking and snarling out the window and peeing on the floor. I just dont know how to fix either. I was thinking of trying this http://www.jbpet.com/Ultralight-Sonic-Bark-Control,1867.html which is like the spray collar but makes a noise instead of spray, does not zap them. its either this or the citronella spray collar. would these even help me?

sorry to vent this out,my husband doesnt understand, he just says "let it go..just let it go"

I just re-read my post , I make myself sound like a resent the pups, I dont, I do love them. I just didnt expect to encounter so many problems so soon.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Is Dusty ok when people come in the house?

I wouldn't try bark collars just yet, Dusty views people who walk by as a threat, and bark collars will only reinforce that thought for him. I would keep him somewhere away from that window when you aren't home so that he can't practice the behavior in your absence, and when you are home I would put him on a leash, go a distance from the window, have people walk by the window and reward him for ignoring. Keeping him on a leash will also work well for retraining going potty outside. Although I would check him for a UTI first.

You could also try Doberluv's method for barkers, found here: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77518

once people come into the house, she will bark a bit, (say 30-40 seconds) sniff sniff. thats it. it ends. She puts on quit a show.if those same people left and came back 10 minutes later though it would be the same thing all over again....As talking about it as a family, see we hardly have anyone come over, only b.c dh and i work opposite shifts (well not anymore but we did for 15years), ds said he will have some of his friends come over and we will do some extra practicing. I really shouldnt say I cant ever get her attention, if I raise my voice and do a DEEP Dusty DOwn. she will jump off the couch and sit. But I can see LOL she really really wantsto jump back up and start again.

So do you have your windows completely covered? I always noticed while out on walks that dogs are always barking at me and my dogs while walking by--but yet my dogs never bark unless someone is actually ringing the doorbell and then it's usually for about 10 seconds. I always wonder if it is because the barking dogs can see out the window and because our dogs can (always have blinds closed in all windows)? Just an idea

About the pottying issue I would call your vet and see if they can accept a urine sample for UTI testing (I hear sometimes you can do this and it is less money)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Tasty, one other thing to do is give Dusty a kong filled with peanut butter or some other thing to chew when people come over. This will take his mine off of them, and it will also help teach him that people coming over is a Good Thing instead of a Scary Thing.

Members online

No members online now.