Prayers for Bella please...

My mom just called, the poodles were at the groomer today... the groomer called and said it looks like Bella has some kind of bite wound on her foot and she thinks there may be an infection moving up the leg... I dont know how she knows all of this but she is a very holistic person and does most of her own vet care at home.

We have no idea how/where this could have happened... my mom is on her way to pick them up and talk to the groomer more, so she will know more once she gets there.

She also thinks she has an ear infection.

Poor little Bella please send vibes that all is okay... I will talk to my mom more later and see what is going on.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh no, hoping it's not as bad as the groomer says. (((hugs)))

Giny

Aw, poor Bella! :(

Keep us posted on how she's doing, and my thoughts will be with her.

Doberluv

I hope your Mom takes her to a vet who will give her anti-biotics. That's all I'd trust with a bad infection. I hope she'll get the medical care she needs and gets back on the road to health. Good vibes being sent.

okay, so I just got another update...

It was actually Elle... we have only recently started using this groomer and she gets the poodles confused, lol! A lot of people get them confused.

There was also some kind of communication error, there appears to have been some type of insect bite on her foot and it must have been bothering her because she has been chewing up her leg and making it worse... so now her whole leg is chewed up, poor girl... so I guess the groomer gave her some stuff to spray on it and see if it helps.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Heat also works if antibotics fail. I did that with Eddie the cat when he had a toe as big as a grape. I filled a pan with hot water (hot enough that when you put your finger in you had to pull it right back out but not so hot it would burn) and i slid my fingers down both sides of his foot. I dipped dipped dipped until i could keep my own fingers in and soaked his foot for 10 minutes three times a day. By the end of day two his toe was back to normal size.

BAck up treatment if antibiotics don't work. What i learned to do when a cat that was fighting and i tried to break it up flipped over and ripped my hand to shreds. It really works.

Giny

Oh, that's a relief! I'm sure she'll heal up well.

As for groomer mixing up the dogs, I can see that happening. lol I have two brothers, who are bichons, that come in once a month and at first look so similar to me. I had to make sure to marked their collars when they first started coming in for appointments, so I don't mix them up. Now I know them apart, no problem.

Oh, that's a relief! I'm sure she'll heal up well.

As for groomer mixing up the dogs, I can see that happening. lol I have two brothers, who are bichons, that come in once a month and at first look so similar to me. I had to make sure to marked their collars when they first started coming in for appointments, so I don't mix them up. Now I know them apart, no problem.
yeah, I figure after a few more visits she will have them sorted out, it isnt really a concern since they get the same cut.

On a side note, Bella got to meet another Bella today at the groomer, a gorgeous Standard Poodle I heard! Glad I wasnt there... I cant stand seeing Standards, I go into a "need a standard poodle NOW" phase for weeks after.

Members online

No members online now.