What does your breed of choice mean to you?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
German shepherds are about loyalty, love, devotion, and how much they want to please. The GSD is the only breed I ever really want to own and I want to always have one in my life. they are truly the "i can do it all" breed, and will do anything asked of them.
from the black and tan to sable to bi colors to black, they all have that loyal GSD heart. they will do anything for the people they love.
the only set back is the shedding lol

donkin

One thing I've noticed is that many people pick dog types that are a reflection of their own personalities.

As an example, how often do you see someone who has a laid back personality owning a Chihuahua?

Or someone who has an energetic personality owning a Bloodhound? :p

Crowsfeet

facetious.
Aussies

A few things I've come to love and respect in my dog, as well as Australian Shepherds(keep in mind, he is an Aussie x Border Collie Mix, and I really enjoy BCs as well!) -

Receptive - This dog seems unfathomably intuitive, knowledgeable of facial expressions and able to grasp the demeanor of the situation with few clues and react fittingly, if this makes sense.

Adaptable - For hiking, long rides in a vehicle, relaxing at home, long walks while shopping in the streets, tolerant/engaging of surrounding dogs, and always willing to open up for a run on the beach or in a park.

Or, High Tolerance for questionable situations - A great quality for someone who would like a dog to be gentle around young children or animals it hasn't meant.

Sensitive to Human needs - I like it when my buddy waits for me at the bottom of the stairs(herder or not :p) and seems to tone down if he notices I'm upset.

Enthusiastic to learn - Also a really great quality.. training should be a bonding experience with any dog, but when I know my dog is enjoying it and engaging himself it makes it that much easier.

Communicative! - This is one of the most important things to me. I feel like my dog can express his needs to me without much 'decoding' being necessary; i/e, bringing an empty dish from the floor over when thirsty without being trained to, or waiting by the door to go out, etc.

Paige

Let it be
One thing I've noticed is that many people pick dog types that are a reflection of their own personalities.

As an example, how often do you see someone who has a laid back personality owning a Chihuahua?

Or someone who has an energetic personality owning a Bloodhound? :p
My dogs are sharp, cheeky and full of spunk. Describes me perfectly. I think there is a slighty sarcastic undertone to them aswell.

Not Miles though. She is dumb as a post and I love it.

I want to preserve a ancient breed with natural instincts to protect, than can handle big predators and most important shows affection and love to me and my family.

I want a dog that was created from nature vs one person ideals.
Which later changes to meet the modern days idealisms of how a dog should look or act.
Which more often than not does NOT resemble the original dog that was created by modern man.

I want something untouched raw yet biddable- Which I got with my dogs..

Boston Terriers are my breed of choice. They are funny, silly little things with personalities bigger than they are. They love to play, but are also just as happy to curl up with you while you read. And they give the best doggie kisses.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Papillions. Now what can a person blessed enough to be friends with one say?
The happiness. The happiness is what gets me, everyday, everynight, every greeting is filled with this overwhelming happiness. Ben is so happy that sometimes I am worried he will explode and rainbows and glitter with spray everywhere!

He is probably the gayest looking dog in the world, even my super gay best friend says that he looks gay! It is his immense beauty and prancing step, oh, and the happiness. He is tough though, he has decided it is his sole responsibility to look after all the girls in his house. He does so with great enthusiasm and spirit.

He is darn intelligent. I have had border collies my whole life and this dog still manages to amaze me! He is also adventurous. He gets himself into so many sticky situations because of this. He climbed a chain link fence the other day. I was washing dishes and looked out the kitchen window, there was my dog on the chain link fence, about half way up!
His lust for life and all things involved in this exciting affair called life often reminds me just to smile.
He is such a boy! He loves to get into everything and is often mid leap before he even thinks about thinking about what he is doing.

He is also gorgeous, he is a stunning dog to look at. He is almost perfectly to breed standard, his coat is silky and so long. He has the longest legs and can run like the devil is after him! He is so athletic and combine that with the smarts and he is loads of fun. He is drivey as all holy heck and getting him to work is wonderful.

He is my first Pap so I really don't know what they are meant to be like, but if this is it, I am sold for life!

Members online