kitten study for luv4pits

Saje

Island dweller
Aww those are cute. kittens are so adorable and you've caught them so nicely. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
here is some different kind of stuff..stress is a doodle i did in pharmacology class..and the dogs were done as an etching for someone's front door..(i did the sand blasting too)

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i will have to find happy for you...she is mypy's favorite. in the meantime..i am working my way down my desk soooo..babybirds and Mom..and when it all began..now i can put all this stuff in yet another tub my father drew the little girl in the lower left hand corner..he use to draw me those and my mom made little torandos, flowers, and tiny ants.

Attachments

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my mama and all those baby sitting kids....she doen'st know it and it is extra funny cause it is one of her alltime favorites of mine. I painted it on a bell for her. i keep meaning to send it in to birds and bloom to see if they would print it,,and then time goes by and i forget..maybe i will this spring. I drew it two or three years ago.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
eye of dog....i am almost to the bottom of the pile..this is one of my best pencil eyes ever..shame i never finished the pic. i got tons of half dones around here. course it is fun to do eyes like Chaz's for packs on wheels
eyes are the best part and the most fun for me :D
when i was little i had a siamese cat..i use to love looking into her eyes from an angle where you could see thru the surface like a bubble..and the blue lay flatter ..i don't know how to describe it but it fascinated me. You had to be careful tho cause she was a very mean cat and if you looked her straight in the eyes she would scratch you right across your own. That was one of her many rules for me. She was the queen and ruled like she could say Off with your head if you didn't "let" her have her way.

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sank you sank you..i am just being goofy and scanning all these scraps...thought i would share. I need a benefactor or benefactress to hire me a personal assistant so i can just sit here and make fun pictures all day..isn't that the way it worked once in the past? i know why so many artist women didn't get started until they were past the 50 yrs mark..it takes you that long to get the kids out from underfoot so you can get anything done. Here's a little owl for Saje and a wren too. i had a teacher in jr college that really liked my birds. I adore birds! i am very good working with them too. I can talk most parrots right off their perch and they will try to get on my shoulder or take ahold of my clothing. They stretch their wings and show me how pretty they are..and fan out their tail as if to say See how lovely i am? Working with them at the animal warehouse gave me a wonderful chance to "learn" their language. My favorite bird of all is the mocking bird. i painted these on the lids of little four inch square boxes i bought at the hobby store and then sold them for 10 each at Christmas time. it was very good practice to do all the little paintings. i got more birds if you want to see em

Attachments

gapeach

Big Mutts
Know exactly what you mean about the kids underfoot! lol Maggie will be 2 in July. Birds are nice but I never have liked them too much, have to have something cuddly. Love how smart parrots are though. You could make your own cartoon, just was thinking you should be working for Disney, but yours look much more real.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
When old man Disney was alive i think the animation was the bomb..but i think he would roll over in his grave to see what they are producing now. I would like to try Pixar studios..and think that being a sketch artist is what comes most easy for me...but i cannot move because of mom and kids so that is out of the question. It is a blast tho and i enjoy drawing like that most of all. To produce something identical..i figure is good skill practice, but a camera can do the same thing..to take it and enhance it is more art and therefor more interesting and less grueling to produce, but to take it and play with it is as fun as playdough for me. I do enjoy a serious study too because i think it sharpens my skill level...a challange. i thought my humming birds were in my documents and they are not..i lost some stuff when i got a virus once. I will post them another time.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Don't they just draw first character and then computer image them now? I could work at Disney and do the fillins I love to color lol I can copy pics somewhat, but doesn't turn out real good. My dad draws really well will have to get some pics. He painted a Whinnie the Pooh and a frog on my wall when I was lil'.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Go DAd..i think they call the job a colorist, or something like that. i don't know how they do animation now. It use to be on glass plates like the old betty boop cartoons. You can see how lovely the depth in the backgrounds were then and aren't now. I know that Shrek and others were all computer and i wish i could have been on the ground floor of learning when they started that.ohh how i wish i knew but i don't. Holograms are fabulous too and i wish i could do one of those as well. That would be a blast. i heard there is a whole museum of holograms in New York City. I have collected a few that blow my mind.

gapeach

Big Mutts
I saw the animation of the Lion King being drawn when we went to Disney once. I love Monsters Inc. It would be really cool to see how they make a hologram. It would be awesome to see the museum, do you think we could take a fieldtrip? :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
im ready!!!! Here is the portrait i did of my mean next door neighbor when he had insulted me for the zillionth time..i told him he would have to be way more creative then telling me the bad thing he said..i told him he had to frown for a long time to get those wrinkes to pool in his neck like that..then i was still mad so i went in and painted his portrait..then i nailed it to the tree. this is just part of it...i painted his wife too but didn't bother to finish it. I had worked out all my mad by that time.

Attachments

gapeach

Big Mutts
He looks pretty mean and wrinkly lol I bet that is a good stress release. Will c ya later going to bed now

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
smkie said:
Go DAd..i think they call the job a colorist, or something like that. i don't know how they do animation now. It use to be on glass plates like the old betty boop cartoons. You can see how lovely the depth in the backgrounds were then and aren't now.
My Grandma (Dad's mum) used to have a job colouring in all the old Black and White movies.You know the ones that look like Andy Warhol's been at them! :D

Smkie I love the owl picture! My friend is obcessed with owls! She even has a chocolate owl that someone brought her 25 years ago still untouched in her display cupboard! That's a serious collector!

Members online