Victoria Stillwell endorsing "DOGTV"

Victoria appeared on ABC's Nightline program to discuss how a new channel scientifically designed to be watched by dogs really works. For more information, visit the DogTV website.

Watch Victoria talking about it here:
http://positively.com/2012/02/17/victoria-explains-how-dogtv-works-on-nightline/

Test the videos on your dogs here:
http://www.dogtv.com/Page/watchdogtv

One of the people questioned on the video said "smellavision" now that could work!
Coco gave these videos no attention at all....

Maxy24

Maybe it could help dogs with separation anxiety but I honestly think most dogs will just ignore it. I think maybe the one with dogs running around would catch the attention for a bit, but they'll figure out it's another thing stuck in that stupid box.

SaraB

Whether it works or not, I'm sure the average pet owner is going to eat it up. I don't even know how many people bought those "Dog Sitter" dvd's when I worked at petsmart. I know a ton of pet owners that leave their TV's on Animal Planet when they leave.

The fact that its a paid subscription channel as well,clearly just there to make money off those with too much!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I leave the TV on for the dogs when I leave.. even if it does nothing for them entertainment wise, it sure does stop them from obsessing over foot step or person walking around the hallway of my apartment building lol

but I certainly wouldn't subscribe to a channel for that..

I'm sure people will eat it up. Victoria Stillwell's show isn't doing that well.. so desperate times I suppose lol

MicksMom

Well, just for kicks I played the stimulation one for Caleb. Once he got over being in my lap in the computer chair, he did watch it. He was more excited when we were video chatting with our son, tho.

Tazwell

Fleetwood loves to watch the TV. He watched almost the entire dog show with me, and I was extremely dissapointed when he turned out to be a big Twilight Fan (because I am NOT).

I honestly think that would work out well for dogs like him, I suppose, and I'm sure a lot of pampering pet owners will pay for it!

Gambit is crazy for watching Glee. I think the music and all the movement gets to him, but he will perch on the bed and watch entire episodes of it. It's super, super cute.

Argon doesn't care, but when I had Grimm, he was nuts for cartoons.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Knox watches TV with me. I think.there's even a picture on Facebook of him watching an Ian Dunbar DVD with me :p

I still wouldn't pay for that though :p

Doberluv

If dogs or any animal are on TV, it seems to bother Jose`. He growls and barks at it. It never fails. So, in his case, I think it would stress him out except for the ones that don't have animals in them. Even sometimes he's bothered by violence in some crime shows but mostly it's animals. So, while he does watch a little bit, most TV he ignores, but some kinds of shows seem to get him all worked up. Chulita really pays no attention whatsoever, at least not that I can tell.

JacksonsMom

Sometimes I leave the TV on for Jackson when I leave. We live with a farm behind us and sometimes they are not there shooting and he HATES gunshots, but the TV seems to drown them out. Over fourth of July, I just had my TV up really loud and he was totally relaxed, acting like he didn't hear them. So, yeah, the other night I had to go out and they were shooting, so I put on my Turner & Hooch DVD and had my surround sound going for him, LOL! But ours is more for noise - I don't think he really watches it.

May sound crazy... but I think it could be beneficial to some dogs. I'd never pay for a channel like that however.

Jackson is always watching TV tho. In fact it's quite annoying when a doorbell rings or a knock that sounds realistic, he goes off barking. Even if a door squeaks in a show similar to how our real door squeaks, his ears shoot up. If animals are on TV though, he never barks back or anything - just watches in amazement.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
For a lot of dogs, just that background, "homey" noise is enough to temper some SA or just as white noise so they don't go crazy over a squirrel sneezing a block away.

Sawyer could care less about the TV, but I did used to leave the radio on for him.

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
I know of a lot of dogs that will hone in on certain things on the tv for long periods of time.

I only ever leave it on for the birds though. Birds have always gotten a lot more out of television or radio, in my experience, and it's usaully just the sound they seem to find comfort in. Of course, you have to be more careful, if your bird can talk. ;)

Katem

Bear has never really had any interest in the tv. Pig on the other hand seems enthralled by it at times. I think I have a video somewhere of her watching Nightmare on Elm Street as a puppy. Horror movies seem to be her favourite. Sometimes she gets really into something and she'll actually seem to get scared and jump at appropriate moments. She also went up to sniff at the tv when I was watching Westminster this week.

That said, she showed absolutely no interest in the clips.

Saeleofu

Tango liked to watch Youtube videos of dogs on occasion, and Logan pays attention to the sound, but other than that my dogs ignore it.

Anyone else catch that initially in the "exposure" video the dog's shown as riding unrestrained in the bed of a pickup? :wall:

Members online

No members online now.