Is anyone else planning on getting a puppy in the 2012?

Bunny82

A dog in 2012 depends on if we can buy a house. I really hope so...even I have my limits on how patiently I can wait. :D

Toller_08

Very excting! I love new chaz dogs/puppies. I wish I were getting a puppy. We haven't had a puppy around for a few years and it feels like an eternity. I have a serious case of puppy fever. But three dogs is plenty and I don't really want a fourth, especially with how well my current crew mesh together. I don't want to disrupt the peace. I know my dogs would accept another perfectly fine most likely, but I don't want to unintentionally ruin something that works so well.

I probably won't be able to add another for at least a couple more years, or unfortunately maybe not even until one of my current guys are gone. I want to go back to school and pursue a career of some kind, so I don't really know exactly where I am going to be in life in the next few years.

elegy

overdogged
Yes. The litter that was supposed to have happened this fall but didn't is now supposed to be happening in the spring, which should mean that I'm getting a puppy for my birthday :)

Another Border Collie. A Steve cousin. Male. Color yet to be determined (chance of red & white, black & white, red merles, and blue merles possible in this litter). I believe someone else at my training club will be getting a pup from the same litter, so that'll be kind of cool.

This is mom:

Dad's Canadian, bred by Rocket Relay (current NAFA CanAm Regular and Multibreed champion flyball team).

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just got one so nope, LOL. I'm thinking at least another two or three years before I'm ready to add another. I was ready for a second dog before Auggie was even a year old but now I've got puppy Payton to contend with and I'm sure he will keep me busy. Then there's also Pepper.
Probably won't be looking for another until I'm ready to retire Auggie, depending on how he continues to run and all.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Looks like plenty of pups. I can wait to be able to show everyone ours and the parents and so on. 6 months or more to wait though. I can do it. lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm really, really, REALLY hoping it'll work out for this spring, in which case I'll be bringing home another Aussie. Hopefully another blue merle male, but we'll see how the personalities come out. But it's all still very much up in the air.

There is now a "threat" of a brindle Mexidog from Grace as well... :yikes:

lizzybeth727

Having Ceitidh has just reinforced my previous belief, I don't like puppies. :p
^^^THIS. I raised (am still raising!) my puppy this year, no way am I getting another one next year. I'm not planning on ever getting a third dog, two is plenty, so it'll be years before I can think about getting a puppy.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Unlikely but possible... for right now, getting my next dog hinges upon my mom's dog not being around any more, so it's hard to be hopeful about that.

I do hope to get Rowan a sister while he's still fairly young, but he's only 5 so there's no mad rush. :) At this point I don't even have an Aussie breeder picked out, although I have my eye on a few!

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
I expect Luna to be a puppy for at least another 2yrs or so. lol She will be getting spayed in June also. But that is not stopping us.

AliciaD

On second thought...
I can't get a puppy (unless it's an emergency foster, found dog, etc).

But I am crushing on Karelian Bear Dogs. Gah!

Hillside

Original Twin
There is now a "threat" of a brindle Mexidog from Grace as well... :yikes:
This.
I have a couple breeds that I am interested in, but what it boils down to is it just being the RIGHT dog.
I am planning on adding a second dog in the coming year, I need an activity/sport buddy and Saga is more than happy to let another dog take that role.
:rofl1:

Bailey08

Me me me! I'm getting a golden retriever girl, hopefully in early April. :)

I'm excited to see the other pups on the way, too. And hopefully everyone with multiples will have lots of advice about the transition (B will not be pleased, lol).

BostonBanker

Having Ceitidh has just reinforced my previous belief, I don't like puppies.
*high five* While I wouldn't trade Gusto for the world, I think he has officially confirmed for me that young adult adoptions are the way to go for me! 9 months, 1 year.... I feel no need to go through those first steps again!

I do, however, still enjoy cooing at puppies that go home with someone else, so I'm thrilled there will be plenty here - along with required photos!

Members online

No members online now.