Cheeseface's First Agility Trial (+Vids)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Well I'm mentioned it here and there but our life has been a bit crazy lately...Mira is living in her 3rd residence in less than 2 years (not counting her breeders' place) and it's a temporary place...no club access anymore, went into heat right as she was going to start her first agility class so she's been to ummm 2 classes ever (not sessions...classes...)...so I think, hm you know what would be fun? Enter her in a trial and see how her training is going...new place, trial environment...if we NQ so what I know where we stand. It'll be fun no matter what.

Turns out the baby girl has been picking up a lot. Oh and being stable, willing, and well socialized helps too. The trial environment? Yeah didn't even phase her. The newness had her thinking hard though...new equipment new context...hm is this the same game???

Anyway, vids!

First run, day one, after chilling in my EZ-Up for 9 yes 9 hours...she's thinking hard but did great. Dropped bar was my fault for suddenly accelerating on a baby dog, but she ran it in 21 seconds, SCT was 39 seconds.
YouTube - ‪007c.avi‬‏

Second run, another day, already feeling more confident though we are still coming together as a team. Yes I left her in the weaves and picked her up on the landing side of the next jump...decided I am not holding back with this girl...she can handle it. 1st place, 1st leg, clean run, 23 seconds SCT 40 seconds.
YouTube - ‪004c.avi‬‏

So sorry if I'm babbling but really it was just so much fun -- very very excited to get out and play with my Cheeseface for the first time :)

She looks great and it looks like you both just had a absolute ball! She really is a one in a million dog.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Thanks guys :) And yeah I love the difference just from the first run to the next...she's really trying to figure out what I want and to be her best...she just has such a willing spirit (as cheesy as it sounds)...in my book a dog can do no wrong when trying that hard, no matter what the outcome.

Members online

No members online now.