Where are the competions?

BC Lover

Bubbles....
I Have been searching for some agility or obediance competions for quite a while and can't find any close (or even less than 2 hours ) away from me. Where do I find competions? How do I know about them? I really want to get in a copule of shows before fair. (4-H)

Also some showing tips and good beginner classes for me and Reese would be appreciated. :)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
What venue? Unfortunately if you need 'showing tips' I would fear that you and your dogs should be looking for classes, not trials.. If you want AKC, look at the AKC site. CPE look on the CPE site.. same for NADAC, USDAA, etc.

BC Lover

Bubbles....
We just want some basic beginner shows/trials so that Reese can get used to the showing atmosphere and so I can too. We have already had several obediance and agility classes and she did really good in those, and the trainer said she has a lot of potential.

We don't know too much which is why I said that some showing tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Well, then it sounds like you need classes, not trials. Some places that hold trials offer classes, but not all.

Jynx

agility training in my opinion is never ending, there is always something to learn:)

As for trials, check out the CLEANRUN site, they list alot of trials not sure if listing is in your area...CPE site also lists all their trials too

Dekka

Just try me..
The person you took your classes from would be the best person to talk too about training and showing tips. You don't learn those at shows, you learn them before shows. 4-H is going to be lower key and more beginner friendly than more competitive venues. So I too suggest more classes, from someone who competes in the venue of your interest vs entering a trial.

Now if you just want to take your dog to a trial ground (not entered) to get him/her used to the atmosphere, then just ask around where ever you took classes and fidn out where trials are and who hosts them. (ask permission to bring an non entered dog, some venues/hosts let you some don't)

MicksMom

Try looking for matches or run thrus, too. They are like practice shows (some more than others). I got a lot of good showing information from where we train and people I know who compete.

Members online

No members online now.