beginnings of the art unleashed project for 2008

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
A few of the artist at the clay guild are getting together to do a project for my favorite cause. Art Unleashed benefits the Humane society of greater Kansas City...which is a no kill shelter and a not for profit clinic.
WE are going to do a totem. A steel rod will be secured on a base, and then pet sculptures will be added one by one until it is 5 feet tall. WE do not know if we will do more then one, but at least things are starting to roll. WIsh us luck! So far with my art donations, and Victor's trick or treating we have been able to personally raise aroudn 5000 dollars. Last year the members of the guild that either joined in on their own, or with a bit of persuasion;) were able to bring in around 12oo. So rock on. THis is going to be great! (ANd alot of work for me...i have already started torsos to steady up..gotta make a pitty for the bottom or a heavy boned breed. :D

noludoru

Bored Now.
Oh that will be FANTASTIC. Please include a Mastiffy-type breed, Smkie! That would rock. I think representing a variety of breeds will be awesome. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will keep an update..not much time! The auction is in august. I will try Noludoru

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
pretty much what i will be doing for the next two weeks~ with several artists i figure at least 3. That is not so bad and because they are not specific dogs where every detail has to be studied it will go faster. I am going to do one cartoon one, one real looking one, and i haven't decided...from that point. The pieces will have dog bones and toys as spacers (made out of clay and glazed of course) so they will fit together right.

Brandyb

Wow Smkie! You're amazing!! Can't wait to see pictures! Good luck with the project, and I hope you're able to raise some good funds.

Members online

No members online now.