onyx update

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
the last three times she has gotten out, i haven't even had to step out the door before man or woman of the house is out there with the car. There is progress in bunnyland! The woman next door to them (the one that warned me Onyx was out) said that she was trying to find a home for ONyx too. I haven't seen her out in a week and this is the longest stretch of time yet. Just thought i would post incase anybody was wondering..this situation could have been handled so many different ways. I hope he has his fence ordered. They don't have much money and lots of kids so i know it takes some saving up....glad to see the next door neighbor lady (who has three little dogs including a blind poodle) loves onyx too. For such a troublesome dog she has a big personality that is contagious. i need to get a picture of her and Logan to share. If i had called the pound again, she would have been put down.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Who is Logan? :confused: I'd love to see a pic! I'm glad Onyx hasn't gotten out and gone after poor Vic again. I hope it stays this way!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Fingers crossed the situation has sorted itself out!! Victor can sit on his porch in peace!! Pics would be good!! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
I hope Victor is doing well after his last incident with Onyx. I do hope that someone could find Onyx a good home to go do so no one will have to worry anymore.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Purr..i forget that new people were not around for the saga of Onyx..and the meeting of Logan..Onyx is a neighborhood dog that escapes regularly and has caused me a great deal of concern..and debate about what is the best way to handle this situation with my neighbors...i actually had to send her to the pound once and was completely hearbroken..for i have never done anything like this..they got her back and still she has escaped over and over again. I love Onyx and that makes the whole thing that much harder...
Logan is a ten year old boy that is destined to be a saint of the canine world..he has taken Onyx home as many if not more times than i have, got the pound truck to release the great Grandma loving, chewvbacca talking Shaffer and walked around in the freezing cold trying to find who owned the dog..finally he brought the dog to me. He saved the neighbor's sharpeii from being hit by a car, from hanging itself..he walks the neighborhood dogs, (including mine) and won't take money for it..i finally convinced him to take 10 dollars a month and give it to his favorite dog rescue. He came today and watched Sheow2's movies on her website...looks at all your wonderful dog pictures..he is just a dream of a child. I only wish i could introduce him to Creature Teacher because i think they have the same kind of spirit. He wants to grow up and be a kennel man. Today he played with Victor in the yard blowing him bubbles and throwing the ball. He took both Victor and then Mary for a walk. Children like him are my hope for the future.
When he came today he told me he was attacked by a dog that was loose (with Onyx) and had his arm bandaged. He said it didn't bite him, but chased him up onto his Dad's truck..his Father was not home..finally he made a dash for the house the dog chased him indoors...he hid until it left. So Onyx was loose and that is a bad thing...she should have chased THAT dog like she wants to do mine...i don't know why she didn't!!!! Logan said she stayed across the street. Shame on her...i am not proud of her for that at all. He said the injury to his arm was caused by the dog's nails, not its' teeth. His father has reported it...this neighborhood has a serious problem with loose dogs.
i forgot to add that Logan cannot have a dog because his parents say it is unfair when no one is home during the day. He does have a sugar glider that i am going to photograph for him soon. He wants a Chinchilla for his next birthday.
if anyone is interested..here are the threads to onyx and logan
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3516 that is the one where she attacked my car..afraid i was a bit upset when i wrote that
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4141 when Onyx attacked Victor
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3557 when i first met Logan
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4282 Victor has changed
there are more..it is rediculously long..i keep hoping for a miracle.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.