Family Bibles...

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
My cousin is getting married in October. She and her fiancé are practicing Christians and I'd like to get them a family Bible as a wedding gift. Since "family bibles" are usually larger and more decorated than a typical Bible I was thinking something timeless but still unique. Does anyone know of any good sites to find one on?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
ok, stupid question, but google couldn't answer it for me:

What's a family bible??
It's like a part bible part..scrapbook? sort of lol there are spaces in it for important events, pictures, snippets, even dried flowers etc..
typically a family has one and it's passed down and things are added

My grandmother had one when she was alive and we are waiting for the next christian family member to pass it on to but alas.. family full of heathens lol but it's very pretty.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
What Fran said. Especially in the small towns, the family bible was often the only birth/death record kept, too. When doing some genealogy research on my family, I was fortunate enough that an aunt had taken some scans of the birth/baptism/death pages of one of the family bibles.

Unfortunately, my grandmother went a little crazy after my grandfather died and went about tearing out pages, tearing up photographs and such. Much of that data is lost now.

Members online

No members online now.