Finding a home for a foster - resources? (Or do you want a puppy? lol)

Saeleofu

So I'm starting to work on finding Tango a home. He's recovered from his amputation, he's MUCH more socialized, and he's neutered and had some baby teeth pulled.

So far I've posted on the Tripaws facebook page and put him on my facebook, and put him on Craigslist (when someone emails me that they're interested, I send them an application...haven't received any apps back yet, no big surprise there...too much effort for the majority of people on Craigslist, I suppose, which is part of my reasoning behind it).

Tomorrow after work I'm going to send some emails to some rescues and see about a courtesy listing on Petfinder.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to go about finding a good home?

Barb04

Super Moderator
Does your vet have a bulletin board where you can put a posting?

SaraB

What I do is contact a local rescue and ask to have a courtesy posting either on their website or on Petfinder in exchange for a monetary donation.

dignity

Pyr Pressure
I agree with posting at a vet's office - interested parties can then ask the vet about the "additional care" needed for a tripod or any other questions. Also, I've noticed those who have had tripods are more willing to take on another tripod.

Saeleofu

I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to make some flier and take them to the locally owned pet store, and a few vet clinics. We don't have a bulletin board at the moment because we're remodeling out lobby :/

Good news is I have at least one lead on him. One of my teachers from high school saw him on Facebook and may be interested. I dog sat for her for a few years and I know she's a good dog owner and spoils her dogs rotten. The only thing I didn't like then was that she fed Science Diet, but she's been interested in some of my posts about good dog food, too. So if she wants him, she's welcome to have him :)

Members online

No members online now.