Toy poodle crosses highway

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
anybody see this on the news last night..all the kids in the room were saying look at that dog run across the highway..i coudln't look, but it seems it made it ok, was caught and returned safe from harm. Now i wished i would have looked.

avenlee

Yeah, I saw it on this morning's news here in Mass. It was in NY, the Bronx. LOL thank god the dog wasn't hurt and anyone else for that matter, but it was hillarious seeing the police trying to trap the poor thing and get a hold of him/her. Not sure where he/she was wondering from (listening and watching between my morning 'duties') but I guess he snuck out of a door and made his way to the Bronx ( I did hear the newscaster say "And that's a bit of a journey) He/she was returned to its owners safe and sound. NYPD at its best! LMAO

editing: It didn't look like a toy poodle to me though. Looked bigger and fluffier. Doesn't matter though. In any event, it was funny and I'm glad it all worked out.

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
Pooch rescued from busy NYC highway

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK -- Hang on, Snoopy.

A mixed poodle who was caught running along the Major Deegan Expressway during Thursday night's rush hour underwent X-rays to make sure he hadn't suffered any serious injuries from his escapades, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said.

Aside from some abrasions and bruises from being hit by a car, the dog "so far seems to be doing great," ASPCA spokeswoman Jo Sullivan said Friday. "It appears that he came out miraculously OK."

A family has come forward to claim the dog. They say his name is Snoopy and that he escaped from the Bronx apartment where they were pet-sitting him. They say they discovered that Snoopy had fled when they saw traffic helicopter reporters describing the chase on television.

Police managed to corner the dog, grabbing him at about 6 p.m. on the busy six-lane highway near Yankee Stadium.

Sullivan said the pooch would remain with the ASPCA until his health was considered satisfactory, and the organization hadn't yet determined where the dog would be placed after that

Members online

No members online now.