Oliver's eye is red/pink - help

chibul

My fiance noticed tonight that Oliver's right eye is red around the bottom and a little bit on the right. Naturally we're in panic mode, because Oliver means the world to us. It looks a lot like pink eye - can dogs get this? Would eyedrops help out? He seems to be feeling fine, although he pawed at it a little bit and is a little more cuddly than usual.

T

tessa_s212

I am sorry that I cannot help, but I sure hope he's alright!

My vet lets us call and ask questions, this way if something isn't too much of a concern or could be simply remedied at home or just with eyedrops as you suggested, he lets us now. This way we don't have to waste tons of money of vet visits. If your vet would take calls, I imagine that would be the best to do. He will most likely tell you to come in so he could see the eye though.

kitcatak

Chow Chow Lover
Has he eaten any new foods? This happened to Leo when we gave him a new canned food. It had duck, sweet peas, carrots, spinach and some other stuff. We stopped feeding this to him and the redness went away. It could just be allergies, especially since it is in both eyes.

Members online