Tricks..

iluvdogs

I'm trying to teach Mikito to shake a paw since hes old enough now to know what i'm trying to get him to do..lol

Anyways as I was teaching him Skyler was sitting beside me of course shaking his paw..So I was like hummm I should teach you some new tricks..

In about 5 mins he learned how to "Cross his paws" lol (later today i'm going to see if he remembers how to..lol) Lets hope he does..haha :eek:

What are some cool tricks that you taught your dogs? I want to teach him more since hes so smart! :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Picking things up and sticking them in my laundry bin has been nice, lol.

Walk on their back legs, crawl on their tummies, play dead, roll over, high five, shake, touch, walk forwards/backwards, spin, spin on their back legs, jump, climb, lots of agility commands...

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Harleigh loves to learn tricks, so she's got a few. She learns them really quickly too, I'm slowly running out of ideas:rolleyes:

-High 5 & High 10:p
-Shake Paws
-Crawl
-Beg
-Leg Weave (one of mine and her favorites)
-Dance
-Kiss
-Hug (kinda... She's not very good at it, at all, LOL)
-Which One? (put a treat in one hand & close both fits, let your dog find the treat and paw at it to get it out)
-Nose Touch to Hand (not really cool, but she knows it)
-Balance Treat on nose/paws, "Wait" until command is given ("Okay") & then toss it up and catch it (from nose) or just eat them (from feet).
-Find It (hide a treat/toy, show where its at and then leave the room for 5 or so minutes. Come back in and tell her to find it. She loves this one too!)

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, but I'm not sure. I've tried to teach her Roll Over, but she wants no part of that. She freaks out:rolleyes:

JacksonsMom

Awesome!

Here's Jackson's:

YouTube - Jackson's Tricks - April 2010

sit, stay, come, down, shake, high-five, ten-five, jump through hoop, back up, roll over, bang bang(play dead), limp, spin, spin the other way, catch, dance, take my sock off, sit pretty, fetch, take a bow, say hi/bye, crawl, figure 8's, under, get me a tissue, close cabinet door, cover your eyes, copy my movements (foot),

Abby knows sit, down, sit/down stay, drop(automatically drops into a down), come, roll over, "bang"(playdead), spin, crawl, beg, high five, jump through hoop, over(jumping over hurdles), speak, and she can retrieve a bumper on command

I have some videos of her learning her 3 newest tricks posted on our blog

Bo knows sit, down, sit/down stay, spin, over(jump hurdles) and we're working on some others

Saeleofu

Picking things up and sticking them in my laundry bin has been nice, lol.
Also nice is picking the laundry up off the floor and handing it to you so you don't have to bend down. I <3 Gavroche xD

Wave is an easy one to teach, especially since he already knows how to shake

Lights off/on is fun too!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My mom's favorite trick of Juno's is that she will shut cabinets on command. I never use it in daily life, but apparently my mom is always asking her to shut the cabinets in the kitchen!

Along with that, we've got:
Roll Over
Bang
Shake
High-five
Back up
Crawl
Target

I'm also at about the halfway point in teaching her to shake her head no. Which I think will be adorable if we ever complete it... especially if I can come up with some witty cue word for it!

Members online

No members online now.