Why I hate Blue . . .

Blue has a penchant for eating crate doors is less than 5 minutes. It's a talent, really. So I had an intense door custom made for his crate.

So last week at training we're out back and we hear "BOOM BOOM BOOM" and I was all "Is Blue ****ing head ramming his new crate door?"

No, no he was not. But he was EATING THE SIDE AND CEILING OF HIS CRATE!!

I hate him.

So tomorrow we have training again. I'm just going to leave him loose in my car and hope he doesn't eat it . . . but I make no guarantees. We're working on building a tiger cage for cheaper than what they are sold for online. Hopefully we can get it done soon!!!!!

sisco16

koda bear
ooh boy sorry but im gettin a laugh out of that picture. Im assuming he would bust out of a wire crate to or even a Dog barrier to block him in the back area of the car at least.

Wire crates are cake to him. I haven't tried the dog barrier, but after seeing my friend's dog bust one I'm positive Blue would make scrap metal out of it in no time. LOL!!

sisco16

koda bear
thats what im thinking like thats some harda** plastic man have you seen those dog boxes for the back end of a truck that they make for hunting dogs. Im not sure if they make them big enough for your boy though.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Tyr is very jealous. He would love to eat a crate again.

You really need a crate like Tyr's for Blue. Tyr totally can't eat it and has given up trying. (Although he did almost learn how to open the door, which would've been bad, but wouldn't have damaged the crate.)

Labyrinth

This is probably a stupid question, but what breed are Teeny and Blue? It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite grasp it. My husband thinks they are pitbulls.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
They're Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs.

I think Virgo would be impressed and amused all at the same time. She just learned to pull the doors OFF the crates, from the inside.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Hey Sis...

Steel Cage with Locking Casters - For police, hunting and all other dogs from Wiredog.

"Constructed to be tough through and through, the 3/4" frame is forged from 20-guage steel and reinforced by 1/2" diameter steel tubes for the strongest, sturdiest, most durable cage on the market. Designed specifically for powerful dogs that are able to claw or chew their way out of other cages and crates."

Yuppers!! that's the crate Tyr got. :D

And his previous 3 crates looked just like this one - except with the standard door (which he never bothered figuring out how to get through, he always just ripped apart the side of it).

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Baxter trashed his crate by pulling the latch off the door, so it would open. When I fixed that, he managed to eat a hole in the top of the crate....so, even a wimpy little beagle mix can do some damage to those crates!

Members online

No members online now.