Any Airedale puppy owners?

Hello! I just wanted to know if there are any Airedale owners are any lovers of the breed. These dogs are so, so, so wonderful and our family plans on getting and Airedale very soon, like next year.

I just got my first airedale a couple of months ago. She is now 6 months old and I won't give her up for the world. I must tell you that where as I think they are the most amazing dog, and I have had my far share, they are by far the most work I have expereinced so far. My suggestion is to get as much information as possible before getting one. The internet is pretty good for getting information but who I found was most helpful was contacting different breeders. They can tell you so much about the breed and some will even let you knw if there are any close to you.

I belong to an airedale forum as well called adtlovers, it is a forum through yahoo and the group is a lot of fun. They are very talkative as well they have been through it all and are very helpful.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Congratulations on getting your Airedale! I agree with everything you've said, they can be hard work, but wonderful too - I don't don't know what we would do without our girl....unfortunately in Spain I've only met one other Airedale owner - thank goodness for the internet!

bubbatd

Martine , T love your dog !! I've always liked their looks ( I love big dogs ) but unfortunately the only 2 I've met have been very mean . Again , breeders/owners fault !

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Aww, thanks Grammy!! Very true about owners and breeders!! I also think Airedales also can get nippy if they get bored, and they certainly like to show their teeth a lot - sometimes I feel like we live with a crocodile, lol. My sister has one living next door to her in the UK and it just barks and tries to nip my niece and nephew through the fence - so now they are v. scared of Airedales, in fact dogs in general. I'm really looking forward to them coming out here to meet Misha, so they can see what a gentle Airedale is like - in fact she will probably be scared to meet them, she is a big baby girl. :)

Olivia

Hi My beautiful George ( Airedale) was put to sleep the 12th september 06 he was the most wonderful dog I have ever had, my heart still aches for him even although I have another smaller dog now , He was my life and we had such a special bond for 12 years. I will say he was not easy to train he was very tenacious ,very stubborn at times but he was always smiling and fun to be with, wonderful character .I think if you do get an Airedale that you must be firm but loving let him/her know you are boss and you will have a companion for many years to come. Good luck and God Bless from Olivia.

Members online