what mix could my dog be?

we got her from a local animal shelter, who rescued her from a shelter in Virginia. they told us she was a collie/hound mix. It really doesnt matter, although for health reasons I would like to know what to look for.

Strange though , we are from Mass, we recently went to a trip to Niagara falls Canada. as I was getting off the elevator in our hotel a woman was getting on with what I though was our dog, I mean it looked JUST like her , from the spots to the face shading , to size. how crazy is that.

this was the her first photo as we were bringing her home.

well shes about 26 lbs, small longish snout, I would describe her as a small, but everyone eles says shes a medium sized dog. shes has blackish spots all over her, and one set on her side that makes a smiley face:)

hbwright

Breed I'm not sure of, but she is beautiful.

Your story reminds me of a story of my own. I hope you don't mind the hijack. I got Summer 13 years ago and a couple years ago while picking up my girls from school every day in the car line I saw an exact replica of my hard to identify breed mutt with very unique looks. EXACT!!!! After a few months I had to stop and ask her about him and it turns out 11 years previously she adopted him from the animal adoption at the same place I got Summer. 11 years later we were reunited with Summer's long, lost brother.

Breed I'm not sure of, but she is beautiful.

Your story reminds me of a story of my own. I hope you don't mind the hijack. I got Summer 13 years ago and a couple years ago while picking up my girls from school every day in the car line I saw an exact replica of my hard to identify breed mutt with very unique looks. EXACT!!!! After a few months I had to stop and ask her about him and it turns out 11 years previously she adopted him from the animal adoption at the same place I got Summer. 11 years later we were reunited with Summer's long, lost brother.

oh what a sweet story. I love the name summer for a doggie. :cool:
its sheer fate that we have her. When we went to the shelter another family had been there oohhing and aahing over her, they wanted to take her out and spend some time with her, but she had thrown up right before so they walked away from her and didnt want to. the volenteer came over cleaned her up and I swear she looked at us with those eyes, we asked to take her out to spend some time with her, once we did she jumped up on dhs lap and just layed her head down as if to say "thank you I love you" and thats all it took really. she is such a great dog. I just need to get her to stop barking and growling uncontrolably when people come over.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
She is a cutie for sure :) I see JRT, but probably not that much.

If you post in the training section about her growling/barking I am sure lots of people will help you.

Members online

No members online now.