Anyone tried Essiac tea for their pets?

Barb04

Super Moderator
I just went to the health food store and bought Essiac powder to brew up some tea to give to CJ. She's got a lot of fatty tissue growths that are getting worse. She also looks heavier but it's do to all the growing of the masses.

Renee suggested I try Essiac tea as it has been known to help reduce the size of tumors.

My girlfriend is actually brewing it for her husband's prostate cancer and after just a couple of months, his levels went down a bit. He's going to keep at it.

I'll let you know after some time if it's having any effect on CJ.

That's great to hear about your friend's husband. Tell her to stick with it - I've seen some dramatic things happen with it.

Here are a couple of links: http://www.essiacinfo.org/index.html
http://essiac-info.org/index.html

It's interesting to note that in spite of significant anecdotal evidence, there have been, according to the articles I've found, no clinical or scientific studies made of Essiac's impact on cancer or other diseases - such as diabetes. Makes me wonder why???

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
it is to late for my beloved Bronki..but i am relieved to know that as Mary is aging this is a piece of knowledge i will now have for her. Thank you Renee..thank you so much.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
i don't have personal experience with use of essiac in pets, but i use the tincture (same recipe as the tea, but made from fresh herbs) for myself and it's great.

it's what is called an "alterative", a term for plants or procedures that stimulate changes of a defensive or healing nature in metabolism or tissue function when there is chronic or acute disease. it supports and strenghtens the immune system.

i know of many people who have used azmira's "immuno stim'r" formula for their dogs to treat different conditions, often as a supportive to boost effectiveness of other remedies. this product is marketed for pets but uses the same formula as human essiac tinctures.

Here's an exerpt from the note to Barb that started the Essiac discussion telling her of my experiences with Essiac tea:

If you can find some Essiac at a health food store or an herb shop, get it in the tea form and brew a decoction (actually keep it at a simmer for 20-30 minutes - after it cools, put it in a glass or plastic container and refrigerate it) - enough for five or six days at a time - and get it down CJ, about 1/4 cup a day for a dog her size. I've seen it do miraculous things for dogs and humans. She won't drink it straight, probably, but might if you put some honey in it if she likes sweets, or even mix it up soupy into some sort of food she likes that has a strong flavor. Bear drank it for me straight with just telling him it was good for him and he needed it - but Bear was really, well, Bear. He had a tumor in his leg - forget the name of them - but they're common in large, muscular dogs. They couldn't get it all out surgically because grew down deep into the tissues. It felt like a large spider. Within six weeks of putting him on the Essiac it was completely gone.

My Dad was one of those kids who was treated with radiation for ear infections years ago, and he ended up with some cancer in the roof of his mouth. They found some spots on his lungs as well. The doctor scheduled surgery three weeks after finding it; the surgery was planned to remove part of the bone in the roof of his mouth and rebuild it, along with a good portion of his teeth on one side. In the meantime, Mom and I made him drink the Essiac.

When he came out of surgery, the doc was completely flummoxed. He hadn't needed to do more than just a very limited area; the cancer, which had been the size of a half-dollar, had shrunk to less than the size of a quarter. All the spots on Dad's lungs were gone . . . Doc tried to say they must have been "spots on the film" but Mom had seen them, and she's seen stacks and stacks of x-rays . . .

kerrkat1

Barb04 said:
I just went to the health food store and bought Essiac powder to brew up some tea to give to CJ. She's got a lot of fatty tissue growths that are getting worse. She also looks heavier but it's do to all the growing of the masses.

Renee suggested I try Essiac tea as it has been known to help reduce the size of tumors.

My girlfriend is actually brewing it for her husband's prostate cancer and after just a couple of months, his levels went down a bit. He's going to keep at it.

I'll let you know after some time if it's having any effect on CJ.
Did you have any success with the tea? I have just started giving it to my dog.

kerrkat1

I bought some at the natural food store, but it was only enough for a couple of weeks and was so expensive. I planned on getting on internet and ordering because it is much cheaper, but I haven't yet. My dog started limping and there are more tumors that have just appeared going up his leg. The vet gave me prednisone and it helps the limping, but I'm thinking it's probably too late for the tea to work. But please let me know if it works for your dog.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Yes, the tea seemed to decrease the size. It is expensive to buy but it does look like it works. I've heard it has helped people who were supposed to go in for surgery to remove a lump but instead started the tea and the tumor got smaller.

I used Essiac tea on my old dog, Taz. It boosted his liver function. I think it helped prolong his life.
I bought it from www.herbalhealer.com generic name is 4 herb tea, which I got the herbs all measured out & brewed for Taz and I to use....it was more affordable from herbal healer.

Members online

No members online now.